New Skill

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gracefulone

I'm so excited. I haven't really been learning new skills lately, just perfecting old ones. But today, my coach suggested I work on twisting my layout flyaway. She told me just to do my layout, land, and do a jump half turn. When she watched me, she just said, oh yeah you can do that easily. I made a half. I never thought I'd be twisting!

That is the same with me I never thought that I was going to be able to twist on any event untill I landed my full then I thought Hey what the heck I can twist. Have fun!!!:D

For some reason, I've never been able to twist flyaways. I'm generally equally comfortable flipping or twisting, but off high-bar I was always a multiple-flipper (back when I was still doing all events, anyway)

Hey i love twisting! on everything, but bars the most! i do double twist dismounts, and i think they're fun and no one else does them, so its like my personal tradmark skill. but i started with halfs too!!!!! have fun and good luck!!!!!!!

haha! yeah about that... my gym seriously underestimates what i can do because im not on team. they group me [and my friend] with a bunch of little, untalented kids who can't do much. one day i was getting really mad at my coach becuase she was treating me like a baby [again] so i was on the bar swinging and she said, okay ill spot you for a flyaway, ill count. one, two, three... i did a flyaway tuck full with a stuck landing. everyone in the gym made a huge fuss like :
"how can she do that?!? shes not on team shes not one of the special chosssssssen ones!"
its called skill ya morons.
my friend did the same thing the next turn

Yeah I LOVE twisting on floor it SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO it feels like you are flying but we really are so GOOD JOB !!
:D:D
:):)
:p:p
;);)
:cool::cool:

Beetle711

I love twisting! but I just do double backs off of bars. Only one person in our gym is twisting off bars. She would be doing double backs but she is scared of them. She really likes doing fulls and full in a halfs.:D Keep up the good work :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back