New skills :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gym4life915

Last night I was doing so great at practice. I FINALLY nailed my full twisting double back on floor!!! My parents were so proud of me last night because I have been working on this move forever. The most exciting part is that my coaches are going to let me compete it at the next meet! The only reason I wasn't allowed to was because they were afraid I would hurt myself but they have become really consistent on floor with only a step or two out of it. :) Also I competed my Yurchenko full at my meet last week and got a 9.6! Everything is really coming along for me.

What are the newest skills you guys have gotten?

Great Job! The newest skill I've been working on is bhs on beam. I'm just beginning to fold the mats out on the low beam, so it hasn't gotten very far yet, but it is getting much better!

Good job!! (pats you on the back, haha!)

Thanks! I have been working on that tumbling pass for atleast 8 months! From doing it on tramp with a bungee, into the pit, into a resi, onto a mat, etc. I am glad that I got it. It feels so nice to have it consistently on the floor. :)

That's awesome!

Out of curiosity, how do you do it? I mean, do you do a full-in, or a half-half, or a full-out?

Glad you competed it this weekend! That must have been such an awesome feeling of accomplishment!

It was! And I've had quite a few scary landings on this pass so I wasn't sure how it would turn out.

Great job! i'm a level 5 (so far from yurchenkos...) but i FINALLY got my kip (oh gosh i've been working it forever) and good luck sticking it at the rest of your meets.

Great job! i'm a level 5 (so far from yurchenkos...) but i FINALLY got my kip (oh gosh i've been working it forever) and good luck sticking it at the rest of your meets.

I know what you mean. The kip is one of the hardest skills to learn but it stays with you forever! Congrats!

Ummmm I'm still training my tsuk on the vault and Im like always doing it by myself!! My coach stands there for the first couple ones then steps away and lets me do it myself with no spot!!! I've only landed it once...Wednesday a couple weeks ago...and I was sooooooo happy!! Everyone screamed sooo freakishly loud it kinda scared me a little bit. So I competed it and got an 8.3!! That is really good for me since vault is one of my weakest events. One of my highest scores. Anyways, I'm doing my tsuk all the time by myself now!! And congratulations on making your full twist double back thing!! And your Yurchenko!!

Ummmm I'm still training my tsuk on the vault and Im like always doing it by myself!! My coach stands there for the first couple ones then steps away and lets me do it myself with no spot!!! I've only landed it once...Wednesday a couple weeks ago...and I was sooooooo happy!! Everyone screamed sooo freakishly loud it kinda scared me a little bit. So I competed it and got an 8.3!! That is really good for me since vault is one of my weakest events. One of my highest scores. Anyways, I'm doing my tsuk all the time by myself now!! And congratulations on making your full twist double back thing!! And your Yurchenko!!

Ya thanks! Congrats on your tsuk!

That's awesome! Congrats!!

I just got my cast squat on, mill circle, front hip circle... and some pretty nasty rips. I'm working towards round off back handspring. xD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back