New to Chalk Bucket

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

arcade

Hi All,

I have been visiting this awesome website for a while now but have not posted anything yet, so today I decided to take the plunge. The support everyone shows other parents is amazing. I have three DD's in gymnastics, older DD is a Level 5 - she started the sport at a late age, middle DD is a new optional and youngest is an older level 3.

I am looking forward to being a part of this community.:eek:

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket, glad you took the plunge! I'm sure you have lots of great info & insight to share with us... having 3 DD's in the sport! Have your DD's gone to any meets yet this season?

Welcome, arcade! Glad you finally decided to chime-in! I know you will enjoy yourself here! My dd is 12 and L6, so she's an old lady compared to some of the little gals here. But she loves it. I think b/c she is a bit older, there is less pessure on her, b/c all those 'possibilities' that many parents, coaches, & gymmies have in the back of their minds are just not feasible due to her age. So, she is there to have fun, learn, and grow as a person!

I am looking forward to partaking of your wisdom!:D

Congrat's on taking the plunge !!!

Can't wait to hear all about your Dd's.

my DD, 8, is finishing up her L3 season. She has a meet on Saturday and then one more.

Thanks for all the welcoming messages.

We have had one meet this season for compulsories - L5 dd and L3 both qualified to State Meet, at least that is out of the way. We have another meet this weekend and middle dd has to score out of L6 in order to start competing as a L7 in January, she has been practicing with L7 team since April and has her beam and floor routine, we are waiting for a few bars skills to be perfected and she will be ready to go - we need the bar fairy to visit us soon.

Good luck to anyone that has a meet this weekend !

My DD is also level 7 this year! She has a mock meet coming up & her competition season also starts in January. Also, in need of the bar fairy...so if you see her...send her to us when your done with her, LOL:) My DD is also having issues with fear on the beam:( That is what is really giving her the most stress. But she's had fear issue before & knows how to work through them...it just takes her a while. Congrats to your DD's that already qualified for states...wooohooo! Way to go!

That's great that you also have a L7, good luck for the season. Out of curiosity, what do you need the bar fairy for ? We need her for straddle cast to h/stand, clear hip to h/stand and giants, just about everything, I guess, LOL

Those pesky giants are what my DD is having trouble with too! She says she has touble "shifting her hands"??? The coach says "she's very close to getting them on her own". I think the bar fairy might just do the trick;)

Hi Arcade!

I also have my whole family in the sport LOL. My oldest DD is 9 and a level 7. We also have some trouble with those giants. DD2 is 7 and a level 5\6 (level 6 hopefully, she just had her first practice with them!) DD3 is a level 4 and 5 years old. (she is so bummed she can't compete this year, she has to turn 6:() My youngest is 3 years old and in an advanced pre-school class.

Nice to meet you and welcome!

Welcome to you and your girls. I have a 2nd year Level 7 still working to perfect a giant well enough to compete. It has been a long road she is almost there. I think they are easier to learn before hormones/ fear kicks in about 12 years old or so. She had a good season without one last year. Best wishes to you and your DD.

MSL529 My DD's coach satarted gymnastics at 12 years as a Level 5 and made it all the way to Level 9 and went to Nationals so lots is possible. Enjoy and hava great time. I think the older you are the less nervous they seem and more confident.

Welcome! This is a great site with a lot of great people! You and your girls will love it.

I have 4 children, but only one gymmie. DD is 7 and a level 5. I also have a 11 year old DS (baseball select), 13 year old DD (Cheerleader), and 16 year old DS (baseball select and highschool)

Welcome - sounds like you spend lots of time (and money) at the gym. I have 3 kids. My 11yo dd was a level 7 gymnast and just 'retired' about a month ago b/c of injuries - she switched to cheer (I know, I know). DD2 is 10yo and plays soccer and does theater. DS is 6 and plays ice hockey and football. For some reason everyone on this board seems to have an aversion to downtime :p

I am happy to see there are so many parents with multiple gymnasts, we can feel each others pain when it comes to the financial aspect of the sport, OUCH! Just keep thinking of what life lessons they are getting out of the sport, the friends, etc. Middle DD is 12 and I agree with the fear/hormones/growth spurt theory from gym monkeys mom, they just start thinking too much about what could go wrong!

Welcome Arcade!! I called giants the "optional kip." Seems to be the 1 skill that can hold kids up, give parents ulcers and have coaches tearing their hair out. My gymmie went from loving to learn them then hating to learn them with grips then finally back to let me just swing and swing. Only 1 of my kids in gym---she's 12 and competing L8.

Welcome to the CB Arcade. Sounds like you have your hands full. I look forward to hearing about your gymmies' gymnastics adventures :D

Hello Arcade and welcome to CB! I am glad you decided to finally join in. I only have two gymmies and only one competing right now. I still haven't figured out how I will afford it when my youngest joins team. My oldest is finishing up her Level 3 season. She has one more competition before states.
Feel free to ask and post away there is a lot of support and experience on this board.

Welcome to you!

This is a great place to share and get advice. I have a 10 year old daughter in level 4, and a 11 year old son that is not a gymnast, but loves to play guitar:cool:! Good luck to your daughter in moving on to level 7!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back