New

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Eveningdew

Parent/Coach
Came across the site on another site while ordering grips for my soon to be Level 6 dd. She doesn't wear grips but her coach decided, for the safety and security of her hands, she would need them for the up coming summer training and camp. As they say, the rest is history.

We live in Southern MD, St Mary's County. A very quiet county with one of the largest Naval Air Stations here. My dh is prior Navy and we both now work for them during the day on board the base. During evening hours, I coach rec and sub for the compulsory coach while my dh takes care of our 2 ds ensuring homework is completed.

My dd has been in gymnastics for several years, advancing steadly as the skills were mastered, not just partially there. Needless to say, the prudence on the part of the coaching staff has produced a truly wonderful gymnast who is beautiful to watch, so says her coach! :)

I may not be able to post much over the next few weeks, but I will try to get in about once a week and see what's going on! :thumbsup:

Have a great time in practice!:cutie:

Howdy! I'm hardly the welcoming committee, having just found the forum myself a couple days ago. But welcome all the same. The more the merrier! :D

hey

Hey! I am glad you found the site, it is a really awesome site and the creator is one of the coolest guys I've met ;) . Have fun exploring! :D

Welcome Welcome Welcome.
Hope you come back and enjoy the site as much as I do.

Welcome, Dew!

How old is your daughter? Mine is 9 and just finished her first year of competition. Our old gym formed a team about 18 months ago (Sept. 2006) and DD was invited to join the Preteam class about six months later. A month after that, they moved her up with the Level 4s who were going to compete in the fall. In less than 8 months, she placed at her first State Meet and tied for 4th Place on Floor. Needless to say, we're hooked!

Our coach parted ways with the old gym in December and we followed her to a new gym that just opened, along with 90% of the team from the old place. It's exciting to help build a new gym from the ground up. I'm not a coach, but I think I'm the only Mom on the team who has her own key to the building.

Kathleen

My dd is 11.5. She's been in gymnastics since she was about 7. She spent a couple of years doing other sports, tap dance and soccer. Grew tired of soccer but had so much energy we put her into gymnastics to give her an outlet. Took about less than a year before she was asked to try out for the pre-team. She advanced each year steadily. Each year at competition she scored out of the level at the first meet. Coachs were cautious with her skills to build her confidence with each level. Now she's going to an early summer meet for level 6, after states. If she scores out at this meet her coach will move her up to 6/7 and then she will be picked up by the optionals coachs who have been watching her closely over the past few months. We shall see, the meet is the first Sunday in Annapolis, MD. Will be a fun day regardless of how she does. :D

Gymnastics is her life! She could put a cot there and live, eat and breathe gymnastics 24/7! However, she's not the only one, several of our gymnasts would love to live there and do gymnastics in their free time. Talk about dedication and love of the sport.

Eveningdew

welcome Eveningdew. It sounds like your dd is doing so beautiful. My ds is also former military - air force - ... we also have a daughter and 2 wonderful sons :D nic

Welcome to The Chalk Bucket. Good luck to you and your family...stop by as much as you can. Don't forget to tell your friends.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back