Newbies, and headed to Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bug's mom

Proud Parent
Just a little bragging here, as well as looking for pointers. DD's first competitive season, and along with 2 of her teammates looks to have qualified for Ontario Provincial Championships, Level 6 9&10 year olds...which are combined this year. Pretty darn proud of the whole team, qualified or not!!

I know Coach will have the kids prepped for their part, just wondering what we should brace ourselves for as parents? Looking for help with stuff like hidden costs (quickly learning that there are always hidden costs when it comes to gymnastics!!), things we should pack that we wouldn't for a 'normal' trip,

Congrats for your dd....how exciting to make their first provincial championship.

I am assuming you are coming from somewhere other then Toronto area? In terms of costs....if you are from outside Toronto - you will have hotel, food, etc. Entry fee into the meet each day. Picture costs if you buy pictures from Action Pics (Warren). He is usually there and very good at photo taking. If you book in advance on line the cost is somewhat reduced. There are vendors at championship so you will likely buy one or two leos...

Things to pack...

I always pack my butt seat, when I go watch I usually watch several flights.
Food for my dd - fruit, granola bars, water, etc. The vendors there are not usually healthy choice options.
We usually bring in a small cooler of food.
Of course your camera or iPhone for pics. I would do Action pix for pictures & video ...then you can relax and watch.

Thats all I can think about now... enjoy.... and have fun.... its so stressful ;)

Just a little bragging here, as well as looking for pointers. DD's first competitive season, and along with 2 of her teammates looks to have qualified for Ontario Provincial Championships, Level 6 9&10 year olds...which are combined this year. Pretty darn proud of the whole team, qualified or not!!

I know Coach will have the kids prepped for their part, just wondering what we should brace ourselves for as parents? Looking for help with stuff like hidden costs (quickly learning that there are always hidden costs when it comes to gymnastics!!), things we should pack that we wouldn't for a 'normal' trip,

Nice job!
All I know I learned from Chalkbucket... I assume the level requirements are the same as U.S.? So does that mean your DD scored out of 4 & 5 this past fall? Wow!

Nice job!
All I know I learned from Chalkbucket... I assume the level requirements are the same as U.S.? So does that mean your DD scored out of 4 & 5 this past fall? Wow!

Although I believe our systems align when it comes to level requirements, I don't think our kids have to score out of levels. She's just jumped in at Level 6 and never competed compulsories.

Congratulations!
It really is just like any other competition and you should treat it as such for your DD. And try not to bite all your nails off while you watch lol!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back