WAG Newly qualified coach & judge

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ponyshine

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Hello people!

I have recently qualified as a British Gymnastics Level 1 coach & a Club level judge! So now I'm a gymnast, a coach & a judge. I am excited to glean experience and tips from others with more experience! :)

Any general tips/things I should know? I'm still learning! Is level 2 a big jump up from level 1 coaching? Is regional level judging much harder than club level?

I can't say anything on the judging front but I've done my level 2 women's artistic coaching :) Are you looking to do women's artistic or general? It's quite a leap up from level 1 as you're expected to have more responsibility as a level 2 so need to know more about dealing with emergencies as well as being in charge of level 1 coaches. It's also a leap up skill wise as you start coaching somersaults and giants on bars etc. It's hard work but I'd say it's worth it as you can coach much more skills, and also means you can be in charge of a session (and it you're paid you may get a pay rise ;) ) If you've got anymore specific questions let me know!

Thanks SXS524! This is really helpful. I'm interested in Women's artistic level 2. I may well contact you with further questions if I think of any. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back