WAG news on college teams' seasons?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
What's the news from other parents with College gymnasts? We jsut got word that DDs season was just scrapped. We were expecting it to happen, with the other colleges in D3 foregoing their seasons but were holding out on a little hope for at least some virtual meets. Still hoping they will be able to practice when (if) they get back in January.

I’m so sorry to hear that. They’ve worked so hard to get to this point in their gymnastics careers! . Tell your daughter to stay strong!

I think P 5 will move forward with the Mountain Rim and a few others. Big 10 and Pac 12 have yet to announce schedules but tentative ones are in. Probably a few issues such as Stanford which has yet to be on campus and whether to include non conference meets but they’ve been allowed for football and basketball.

I am so sorry to hear that gymgal.... how heartbreaking for the girls. Just such a difficult year for everyone.
My daughter’s school is going ahead with their season (hopefully if nothing changes), and we have received the schedule. I have no idea whether we will go to these meets as most of them involve flights. I just feel like we still need to wait and see what happens as we get closer to the time.

We received a tentative schedule for my daughters team. Seems like they are sticking to more in-conference match ups and any out of conference being schools in close distance. We’ve been told they have no info about us being able to attend, but if they can compete that’s most important.

I just saw on the NCGA Gymnastics twitter account that the NCGA East Regionals and NCGA Nationals have been cancelled. It also says WIAC & affiliates are planning to move forward with their season.

I just saw on the NCGA Gymnastics twitter account that the NCGA East Regionals and NCGA Nationals have been cancelled. It also says WIAC & affiliates are planning to move forward with their season.
DD was holding out hope that her school would allow a partial season in the spring but with this announcement, it truly is a no go. She has moved on and focused on just training, getting stronger and rehabbing nagging injuries for the next 9 months now, which is a good plan. Hopefully it gives time for those athletes who need surgeries to actually get them and have time for recovery before next season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back