WAG NGA and USAG meets for post season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymParent

Proud Parent
On the topic of meet schedules, my daughter's gym is considering trying one NGA meet for higher level optionals. One reason is curiosity about how the NGA meet will go. Another is the possibility of qualifying for post-season for both NGA and USAG and having flexibility to go one route, the other, or both when it comes time for post-season. Has anyone else's gym contemplated this or looked into this for post-season reasons (putting Covid aside for discussion)?

We're doing NGA simply because of proximity. It's a haul for us to go to USAG meets where we're at and we like some of the options. The timing of the season is better too. We felt USAG is too compact for upper levels to improve during the season. Of course, for our other programs, men's, acro T&T, we are still bound to do USAG. Our Level 10s are going to do a mix of USAG and NGA.

Most organizations will only let you compete States/Regionals in one org per season.

Most organizations will only let you compete States/Regionals in one org per season.
I know that (pre-Xcel), there was a team near me that competed both USAIGC and USAG ... and their kids did both in the post-season. I know that you can't do both JO and Xcel, but they are both USAG programs. With NGA being a completely different organization, I don't see how USAG could really say anything about post-season meets in NGA or vice versa. As long as they aren't the same time, I would think it would be up to the gym.

I know that (pre-Xcel), there was a team near me that competed both USAIGC and USAG ... and their kids did both in the post-season. I know that you can't do both JO and Xcel, but they are both USAG programs. With NGA being a completely different organization, I don't see how USAG could really say anything about post-season meets in NGA or vice versa. As long as they aren't the same time, I would think it would be up to the gym.

We did both USAG and IGC states. Then USAG redid the rules. As did IGC I believe. Only one state per season. When they changed the rules our gym stopped competing both and we went just JO

Thanks for the input everyone! I've asked our coaches to look deeper into the rules on this since this is all new to us.

Not true in the least. No organization will care what you do as long as you pay them their registration fees. In fact, the NGA was suggesting that athletes do both. We've done multiple in the past, AAU and USAG. You just can't do more than one state/regionals per season (fall season/spring season) within the organization. In fact, there are kids doing both JO and Xcel in the same season (but can only do one state/regional). There are kids who will compete early, then do their HS season, then finish out the club season with state/regionals, etc.

Not true in the least. No organization will care what you do as long as you pay them their registration fees. In fact, the NGA was suggesting that athletes do both. We've done multiple in the past, AAU and USAG. You just can't do more than one state/regionals per season (fall season/spring season) within the organization. In fact, there are kids doing both JO and Xcel in the same season (but can only do one state/regional). There are kids who will compete early, then do their HS season, then finish out the club season with state/regionals, etc.
Do you know if the kids competing NGA at meets hosting both USAG and NGA will compete in separate sessions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back