Off Topic Ninja Warrior for Gymnasts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, everyone.
Our program director is wanting me to look into putting Ninja Warrior equipment in our comp facility for when there is no weekend training.
So far I am thinking a pegboard, and salmon ladder on the walls by our pit, and a rope net (to roll up)between our (structural) beams as those I can keep out of the way.

My question, what are some another 'Ninja' things I could add that could be used for comp conditioning too?

The red circles are the space I can use.

Attachments

• 20170801_164741-2.jpg
    20170801_164741-2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78
Narrow shelf like boards to grip and climb attached to the walls. Anything to climb. Could you set up a mini tramp in front of a bar landing in the pit? So it's jump, catch, swing, land in pit. Floor beams. A series of square cubes to jump in a row, like boulders across a river.

If you have a salmon ladder, you need some method of keeping the bar from hitting the user in the head as they fall (because they mostly fall.) DD's ninja gym has the bars attached to an auto belay system, so they physically can't conk you on the head.

Narrow shelf like boards to grip and climb attached to the walls. Anything to climb. Could you set up a mini tramp in front of a bar landing in the pit? So it's jump, catch, swing, land in pit. Floor beams. A series of square cubes to jump in a row, like boulders across a river.
I like the idea of hanging something in the middle of the pit. We couldn't have a mini there all the time but it could probably be moved during change over.

Yes ropes are easy and we'll probably add more :)

If you have a salmon ladder, you need some method of keeping the bar from hitting the user in the head as they fall (because they mostly fall.) DD's ninja gym has the bars attached to an auto belay system, so they physically can't conk you on the head.
For sure, I was looking on Ninja warrior wikis and all the ones in facilities had a belay or bungie cords.

Thanks all!

Post a picture when you get it done. Those courses look hard but fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back