Parents No flip flopping gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

One of dd’s teammates left our program because she was not getting along with one of the coaches. When she changed gyms, she was told that she would not be welcome back. Gym flip flopping is not allowed. This is not written in the rules, but that is what she and all her teammates were told. Is this the policy at most gyms?

I think it depends on how the gymnast leaves. Most of the time in my experience, when it gets to this point, everyone is done....we have had girls try and return (most of the time when the parent left angry) and been refused and then we have had gymnasts honestly discuss the reasons for trying another gym and been allowed to return. I honestly believes it has to do with the level of emotion that accompanied the leaving.

We allow girls back after they have left in most cases. It is very normal for a child or a parent to want to seek out 'greener pastures" only to discover it isn't as good as they thought. We have had many leave for a 'better' gym only to come back. And I think thats a great thing to have the strength to admit that they were wrong about the change and come back.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back