Parents No Regionals for us

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
DD had a good state meet but unfotunatley it was not enough for regionals.

She is going to Regionals in MO to watch her teammate and friends from another gym. We have only 2 level 8's this year and her teammate was very sad DD did not make it. So Dd gets to go with her family to watch. She is ok with this. Ii know she would have been thrilled to qaulify her first year but so goes the life of a gymnast.

The bummer was she started beam which she is solid on and for the first time all season she fell on her seriese she was so surprised. She did get back up and throw it perfectly the 2nd try. This in combo with bars (she is weak on bars) gave her only a AA 33.2 in Region 4 you need a AA 34 to qaulify.

She did get 6th place on vault this was cool since she has only been Tsuking for about 4 meets.

Her scores were:
Vault 8.9 6th place
UB 7.3 (judges scores for bars were .8 different UGH! :eek:)
BB 8.1 with a fall
Fx 8.9 highest score all year!!!
AA 33.2

I will try to get the video posted she was very proud of her floor routine her tumbling has been a little low all season and this meet it was back up to her normal. It was a great way to end the year and she is ok with not going to regionals she says. Not sure I am. LOL

On to training Level 9 is what she says. I really am not sure what level she will compete next year but DD really wants to do Level 9!! She loves to tumble big. She also does not want to be with the girls coming up to 8 there drama at meets is too much for her. DD is really cose with her current teammate who will move to 9 for sure!

She will really need to get her bars under control if she goes to 9 good thing we have lots of time untill then :)

Thanks for the support all year long. I am really ok with whatever Level she does next year 8 or 9. i just want her happy and healthy!

Great meet report and good for her for being such a great team mate. Wonderful results on floor and vault, that is a lot to be proud of.

AT least now she can enjoy focussing on uptraining whilst her team mates are still perfecting routines, there is always a silver lining!

I'm sorry she didn't make it, but it sounds like she had a good meet. It must be tough to be that close, but not quite make it. It's nice that she's going to cheer on her friends.

Congrats on the vault and personal best floor score! I'm glad she's able to go and cheer on her teammate. Focusing on new skills is always so much fun!

Oh sorry! Our DD is also starting to train level 9. Good luck!

sorry she didn't qualify!! but it's awesome she gets to go!!! She can have fun and be stress free!!! :) Congrats on her highest floor score!!!!

Great job on floor! Sorry to hear she didn't qualify :( But onward & upwards I always say! Good luck with her L9 training :)

I missed her beam--bummer that she fell! I figured something must have happened. Bar scores were low all day. Glad she gets to go watch her teammate at Regionals. Hope to see you next year at some meets!

Great job on the floor! I'm sorry about regionals, but she is a great teammate to go and support her friend. That is the sign of a true champion in my book!

I am sorry that she didn'tmake regionals. Congrats on the floor and vault!!!! How nice that she is going to support her teammate.

Congrats to her on her vault and floor! Sorry she isn't going to Regionals, but what a teammate to go and support her friend. That is tough. Lots of luck to her training this summer!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back