Northern Lights meet results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

I didn't get to go to the meet, so didn't get to meet gym_monkey! i'm bummer. My DS actually hurt his knee skiing on Friday and had to have surgery Saturday--got home Sunday and had to stay with him, so I missed the meet. DH went though.

He was NOT happy about the meet set-up. It was at a different location than previous years and apparently the seating was awful--DH and his parents weren't able to sit at all (and for $10 admission per person, they expected a seat--even if the view wasn't great). Not sure why they switched from the other site--it had great seating there!

In any case, Beth did well--although most of the girls on her team didn't. Started on floor where she got a 9.25--her highest score of the year and the highest score on her team (that's never happened--she's typically one of the lower scores for her team on floor). Vault she again led her team with a 9.075. Bars--she tied with one of her teammates (the one she usually goes neck-and-neck with for results)--with a 9.4 and on beam she got a 9.2.

Ended up with 5th on floor, 4th on vault, 1st on bars, 6th on beam and 1st AA for her age group (and she was in the 11-12 yr old group which had 33 girls, so much bigger than usual). So she was happy for herself, but bummed for her teammates, since they didn't do well.

Next meet is in Tampa, Florida! Looking forward to warmth already :).

I watched her she rocked the house. She was one of only a few who did well. Judging wass tough!!

Hope your son feels better soon. Knees are a bummer and painful maybe not so when you are young. The venue was HORRIBLE my husband complained to the peeps running the meet and they said "... its about the kids anyways". UGH DH doesn't get mad often but he told the guy yes and i want to see mine. We stood whole meet also. I don't want to do that meet again!!

Congrats Beth!!!!

Congrats to BETH! WOW what a great meet, we were there too on Saturday. I was also frustrated with the new venue, the view was awful, we also stood the entire time, and the parking was bad...

I am glad that Beth had such a good meet, Beetle did well I thought her routines were good, her scores didnt necessarily how what I thought her routiens were..

Congrats again on such a good meet, I hope your DS heals well!

My goodness you have an interesting weekend. I hope your son is doing well, what did he do to his knee?

Great news for Beth though, those are great scores, she must be so proud.

If I paid $10 to see my DD and got no seat I would be writing a very snotty letter to the organisers. In fact last year we went to one meet, no entrance fee as they cannot charge here, we couldn't even get in the gym it was so small, didn't see all my DD's meet. I wrote and got a reply. Didn't make up for it, but at least they knew people weren't happy.

It may be about the kids, but if the parents are mad they won't be taking their kids back.

I watched her she rocked the house. She was one of only a few who did well. Judging wass tough!!

Hope your son feels better soon. Knees are a bummer and painful maybe not so when you are young. The venue was HORRIBLE my husband complained to the peeps running the meet and they said "... its about the kids anyways". UGH DH doesn't get mad often but he told the guy yes and i want to see mine. We stood whole meet also. I don't want to do that meet again!!

Congrats Beth!!!!

Oh DH would have been SO mad if they had given him that response. They told him it was an issue all weekend long--hopefully they'll learn from it and NOT go back there next year.

My goodness you have an interesting weekend. I hope your son is doing well, what did he do to his knee?

Great news for Beth though, those are great scores, she must be so proud.

If I paid $10 to see my DD and got no seat I would be writing a very snotty letter to the organisers. In fact last year we went to one meet, no entrance fee as they cannot charge here, we couldn't even get in the gym it was so small, didn't see all my DD's meet. I wrote and got a reply. Didn't make up for it, but at least they knew people weren't happy.

It may be about the kids, but if the parents are mad they won't be taking their kids back.

He was skiing and hit a bump wrong--left leg twisted around under him. Rather than the ACL tearing, it stayed connected to the lower bone (tibia), but actually tore a chunk of the bone off. The surgeon had to put a screw in it to hold it back down again.

EEEK. The poor boy must've been in agony. Glad you were with him. How is he feeling today?

I'm a little worried about him--his foot is swelling up. Hope that's normal! I can't see his knee (covered by dressing and the immobilizer--we have strict instructions NOT to touch it--driving me crazy as a nurse not to see what's going on!). Seems to be doing better though. Thanks for asking :)

I knew I didn't like skiing for a reason. Ouch!

Sounds like you DD did awesome! It is hard to be excited when the rest of the team didn't do as well, but hopefully they said congrats to her. She deserved it for a job well done!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back