Parents now I guess she is semi retired

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
Well back in March my DD decided she wanted to take a break from gymnastics & try dance. She was doing hip hop & tap. She also went back to horseback riding & was loving all the new things & her free time.

Well, last week she told me she missed gymnastics. She missed bars & floor. Missed working out. She missed her abs! And that she wanted to see if HC would let her go back on a very limited 1 or 2 days a week. I spoke to HC and starting next week DD will go back starting out 1 day a week. Obviously we are not expecting her to advance much @ this rate just trying to stay flexible & keep her skills & enjoy her sport again.

She is very excited & I am thankful that HC will let her practice with the team one day a week. She will still get to do her horseback lessons & hip hop. She decided to drop tap.

What a nice team to let her back one day a week. I'm sure she will have a blast flipping without pressure. If I ever had gymnast abs, I would miss them too. However, I can't even imagine looking like that.

Yes, very nice to let her. She obviously won't be competing but can maybe keep her skills up & compete in HS. I think it helps that it is a small gym & small team. Also that she had been going there since she was 5 (now 12).

That is so nice of the HC to let dd come back on a limited basis. Would she be interested in a prep op type program? Might be an option if the 1 day/week doesn't quite satisfy the gym cravings?

That is awesome that they are letting her train one day a week. I think lots of kids that move on from competitive gymnastics would love to keep doing it somehow, but most rec classes can't accommodate their skills and letting them practice with the team is not always possible. Hope she has fun back in the gym!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back