WAG Number of training days per week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 18037

So rather then have it get buried in the other thread. Not that threads wandering is a bad thing.

But I see lots of "how many hours threads?". But I really don't recall seeing, "how many days?" called out. So because I'm curious.

How many days do your gymmies typically do?

Around here most gyms, top out at 5 days. I know a lot of parents from other gyms. I only know of one (out of about 10 that I have first hand knowlege of) gym that does 6 days.

Our gym is 2 days for L2/3 with an optional 3rd day

3 days for L4 with an optional 4th day.

After L4, 4 days is strongly encourage, but 3 is the minimum.

In the summer our gym offers camps. Those top out at 5 days.

During the school year an addtional day maybe offered to the optional kids, again its encouraged but voluntary. Topping out training days at 5 max.

Mine currently does 3. That is by choice and by design for multiple reasons, both physical and financial. She’s gone everywhere from 1 and 2 (xcel bronze) to 6 and 7 (L6). I think that 3-4 are the perfect range for every level she’s trained (bronze to diamond, L5-L8). For my kid, more than 4 becomes a physical problem and less than 3 leads to skills problems. Of course number of hours per practice plays into it as well. Her first bronze group was once a week for two hours. The seven days a week was 4-5 hours per practice. Her current 3 days at 4 hours is perfect for her at diamond.

You may not see the reply, as I think you have blocked me, according to a dm you sent at one point, but in case - mine goes 5 days at L8, and will move to 6 days when she moves to L9 training group. L4-L7 at her gym are all 4 days, with different hour amounts depending on level. L3 goes 3 days.

This is going to blow some of your minds, but at dd's gym they only go 4 days a week all the way through level 10. They are long days, but I still prefer them and my daughter does too. She currently goes 19 1/2 hours at level 7 (training 8). The level 10's still only go 4 days (M,T,Th,F) and supposedly only are 20-22 hours a week, but they often go late, so realistically it's a little more. My daughter's group has been having 4/12 - 5 hour practices for years and it's not been a problem for their training. And the trade off of having 3 days with no practice is great!

Level 2- 3 days
Level 3/4- 4 days
Levels 5-8 4 or 5 days depending on what track you are on
Levels 9 or 10- not sure- I think it's 5- but it might be 6 (we don't have very many girls at this level)

2 days for 2, 3 days for 3, 4 days for L4 - L7, 5 days for 8+.

TOPS/HOPES gymnast get an extra day where they just do TOPS/HOPES things in an abbreviated session.

Saturdays has an open gym time that is regularly attended by a lot of the girls but no team coaches are there and no mention of it ever being required, the girls just like to go and have fun or spend time working on something that they are stuck on. I think my DD likes to go just to hang out with her friends and play add-on or make up floor routines.

When your child goes to training, do they wear their jackets because mine always does, its zipped right up too which makes me think she must be roasting hot?

DD's gym will max out at 5 for the moment, but I do not know if they plan to add more as they grow upper level optionals. I doubt it.

The gym she left moves to 6 days a week for levels 9 and 10.

No, I think it is ok here. Maybe I worded it wrong though which may explain why you think it was meant for another post.
You asked about what kids wear. The main subject of this particular post is the number of days kids train.

It seems you are new here. So first welcome. And next. You are more then welcome to start a post. I think if you start a post about how kids dress for training you will get a more direct response to your question.

You asked about what kids wear. The main subject of this particular post is the number of days kids train.

It seems you are new here. So first welcome. And next. You are more then welcome to start a post. I think if you start a post about how kids dress for training you will get a more direct response to your question.

I just started a new topic and, yes, I'm new here ;).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back