Odor-free heel cups?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

justanothergymmom

Proud Parent
Okay...kindof gross and embarrassing, but...

Does anyone have any tips for keeping Tuli's Cheetah heelcups smelling a little fresher? My dd wears them and she is NOT a smelly kid (she doesn't even need deodorant!) but her heelcups smell FOUL! I have tried sprinkling baking soda in them and it doesn't do much. I have washed them in the machine and they are fresh, but then with one wearing they are nasty again. I don't think they will hold up to daily washing and they are expensive to replace. The fabric seems to really hold moisture which adds to the problem~it can take hours for them to dry out after a practice! Any advice???

My daughter has micro-fiber ankle braces...I'm not familiar with the product you're talking about, but we have the same exact problem!! She is only 7 and is otherwise "not smelly" but those thinks REEK after she wears them one time! I have tried soaking them in the sink, washing in the washing machine, but I can't do that every time. Would love to hear any and all suggestions too!

They stink no matter what. I have tried everything.I just picked up Bigger Baby Bog's gym bag from the gym, after a break of 8 months, and the smell from the Tuli's nearly killed me! The neoprene just holds the smell. UGH!

have you smelled the tiger paws and grips for bars? They stink too. Just one of those gymnastic things.

But having a son with stinky sneakers we have tried alot of things to get rid of that stink. The thing that really seems to work for that and may work for the Cheetah too - use a facecloth that is slightly damp with soap and water or a "Wet One" diper wipe type thing. with out soaking them wipe them down after each use to get off any foot bacteria that may contribute to the smell.

now this is the good part. Take old knee highs or panty hose and cut off the foot part. Put charcoal for a fish tank filter in each nylon foot and secure it so it makes like a bean bag. Put one charcoal packet inside each Cheetah and then into a zip lock baggie. The charcoal will absorb the odor. You can use Arm and Hammer Baking soda too to absorbe the odor but the charcoal helps get rid of the moisture too.

We also found that if son puts powder with cornstarch on his feet before he wears sneakers it helps too so try having that for her to powder her feet before she put them on. Of course start with a clean freshed washed Cheetah and it will be easier to keep smell out.

It works for my son's smelly sneakers so it might work for these too.

I used to use them but now only wear a lace up ankle brace and no matter what you do they are going to smell. Even after I wash my brace it smells... Anything worn on the feet or hands smell really bad which then makes the gym bag smell terrible...between my ankle brace, tiger paws, and ace wraps my bag REEKS!!! it is terrible. somethings you just have to dealwith unfortunatley

Oh for the bags if you put scented dryer sheets in the bag (usually 2 wil work) it will help with the odor.
or if you put Arm and Hammer Freezer packet in the bag it help absorbe the odor
5837061a-cd24-4bad-bdb2-14b7977f0695.png

Again back to son - anyone with a teen boy know that for some reason teen boys just stink and everything the touch stinks too (think wet dog smell on a regular basis).

I put 4 - 6 dryer sheets under his fitted bed sheets and the heat of his body at night release the nice scent so things don't smell so bad in his room. If that can handle stinky teen boy it should be able to handle stinky bag. My DD's bag we just empty out and sprinkle some carpet fresh inside at the end of the meet season. Wash everything else that can be washed and let it air out.

Thanks so much for all the great tips, cher062! Now off to find some old pantyhose and baking soda...I must admit I am a little scared to seal those nasty things up in a ziploc bag, but I will give it a try!...with my luck I'll add the dryer sheet to the ziploc bag, and the baking soda will absorb the odor of that instead of the nasty funk....

They stink no matter what. I have tried everything.I just picked up Bigger Baby Bog's gym bag from the gym, after a break of 8 months, and the smell from the Tuli's nearly killed me! The neoprene just holds the smell. UGH!

bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :):)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back