Of course there's that one girl...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

ChoFrog09

I work out at the same gym as one of my classmates at school. I see her every period at school, and then when I go to gym after school. This would all be wonderful if you couldn't cut the tension between us with a knife

We used to be the closest of friends, barely spent twenty seconds apart, and then high school comes along and everything changes (yes, you've heard this before).

I'm sick and tired of her treating me like complete garbage because we don't get along as well as we used to and I don't want her to continue to distract me in training.

Is it all in my head and I should just suck it up, ignore her, and focus? Or take a different route? Tips would be greatly appreciated T_T

I'd say try and talk with her first. It might not make you best of friends or anything, but at least both of you are aware and can go from there. Maybe she's feeling awkward too at seeing you all the time just like you are with her. You'll also get it off your mind. If you're on truly horrible terms where confronting her won't get you anywhere, just ignore it and try to focus on what you're doing. Tell yourself to concentrate on what is important instead of letting her distract you. If you want it badly, ask to change periods in school or tell your coach at practice so they can do something about it. Don't let it get to you--her being nasty is not nearly as important as getting your hands on the beam during a back handspring or nailing that pass. Don't think about it too much if things can't work, just block it out.
Also, just because you're not the best friends you once were doesn't mean that you can't be again. You must have something in common or you wouldn't have been friends before--if you can find it again and try to slowly become close again, that annoying schedule might become the best luck. Good luck and I hope it works out :)

Thanks, focusing on gymnastics is definitely a million times more prevalent than her being nasty. It helps a lot to hear it from someone ^__^

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back