Off to Easterns!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
At the airport now.... Dd flew out this morning at 7:00. I hate to fly so this is my biggest challenge for the weekend, more than nerves watching dd compete, lol!

She has such a busy day tomorrow, at the gym from 9:00 until 8:00 at night. I hope she holds out and doesn't let the fatigue get to her. She competes Artistic, double mini and tumbling and she runs between events.

I think that we will have to start choosing soon, because this is going to start to be too much.

She was awesome with her new friends this morning and I am proud of how supportive and friendly she is with all these girls she doesn't know

I will update tomorrow for anyone interested, lol.

Right now I need a drink. Did I mention I hate to fly?

:)

Best of luck to her! That it a busy schedule doing three events at Easterns.... She will need a vacation after her trip!

several girls from our gym flew out this morning as well, including a good friend of mine to watch her daughter in PNN Elite.

safe flying! They do serve drinks on the plane!

Wishing her the best, and hoping she remembered to pack a "Sharpie" and keeps it at the ready for those expected autograph seekers likely to gather 'round after a great meet.

Thanks and good luck to everyone else competing too. Anyone who wants to meet up and say hi feel free to PM me! I made it here alive (barely) and I am looking forward to seeing St. John's in the light of day!

I can't believe I missed this! Well we got up to signal hill and the cabbie took us down to the battery which was way cool too. You are here? I wish we could have met up. How did your dd do?

I hope everything went well for your daughter.... Please let us know how she fared!

My girly is too young yet, only 5 but our club was hosting. I got to make gravy for about 50 hungry judges :)
My family is from the battery, and Quidi Vidi Village ( a small fishing village at the edge of the city) So cool that I might have seen your DD compete this weekend!

My girly is too young yet, only 5 but our club was hosting. I got to make gravy for about 50 hungry judges :)
My family is from the battery, and Quidi Vidi Village ( a small fishing village at the edge of the city) So cool that I might have seen your DD compete this weekend!

Our cabbie who took us up to signal hill, switched off the metre and took us down through the battery. It was awesome to hear the stories and see those cool homes. He even told us stories about the people on the mural (he knew one of the men).

Tell whoever made the chili that it was amazing! Let me also add that I have never met a friendlier, kinder and lovelier people than the people I met in St. John's. What an amazing experience. Thanks to all involved!

Okay update and results!

It was a whirlwind of ups and downs let me tell you. I will save the downs and focus on the awesomeness that is my dd.

She had made it for both Artistic and Tumbling and Double-Mini and of course there was a conflict between artistic and tumbling. Needless to say tumbling did not go very well due to the fact she had to be pulled from floor exercise and compete tumbling without warming up. And that's all I have to say about that.

She did awesome on the rest. Her floor was solid and she placed 4th. Vault was vault and she ended up 8th which is awesome as she has never placed on vault before. Bars were also completely amazing and she placed 2nd and missed 1st by 0.033 (a stuck landing would have earned her a 0.1 bonus and she would have had the gold). Beam she had a terrible warm up but pulled through in her routine for a 6th place finish. She ended up 6th place overall! So amazing!

She was 2nd from the Ontario girls, but those Quebec girls were all 10 years old and 3rd year Aspires and they whooped our buts. We still ended up with team silver!

Double mini went really well too. She was 2nd in qualification and held on in finals for the silver medal! And they won team gold!

So dd came home with lots of hardware and ribbons and overall a good experience. It was conflicting for her to be there for both events though, and she has decided that if she makes Easterns for both again, she will only go for artistic and give her spot to the alternate for t&t. It was too hard for her to be on the team for both. She missed out on some great things with her artistic team when she had to be at the venue for t&t.

My proudest moments were watching her out on the floor with her team and interacting with the athletes from other teams. Cheering everyone on, talking, joking and laughing with the other girls, making new friends, etc. She really loves the social aspect of gymnastics and it really showed.

We still have t&t Provincial Championships next month, but artistic season is over now, and her coach was already talking about the new skills they will be working on!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back