Off to Elite Canada in February :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
Alex gets to go to Elite Canada - yah...
She was more nervous at this meet then her mock meet. It was so nice to see her smiling throughout the entire meet.
Lots of new skills in these routines and competing for the first time.
Hopefully by February she will be able to get the upgrades they are working on for floor and bars. Fingers crossed. Her coach says she needs to increase her difficulty.
Funny enough her highest score was on what she considers her worst event - vault..
She was so happy she nailed her bhs blo blo but fell on her switch half
Not a bad start for her first meet in over a year...
Thanks for watching.
P.s. Alex has committed to Towson University in 2020. She loved the university and loved the HC. Vicki (hc) was also a Milton Springer back in her gymnastics days - pretty neat

Attachments

• FLR_0161.jpg
    FLR_0161.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
Awesome meet for Alex, some things to fix, but still finished strong. Big congrats on the Towson commit too. Exciting times for her.

Congratulations to both of you! She has had an incredible journey. Thank you for sharing with us!

Great job! And congratulations on the commitment to Towson! My dad graduated from there (long ago!). It's a great school and in an area where opportunities for internships and a life outside of the gym are very plentiful- no matter what her interests are (sports, outdoors, arts/music, food).

Thanks - she is so excited to go there. I loved the town. It reminds me Western University here in London, ON. Old and picturesque. I can't believe its only 4 years away. Its going too quick for me. I threaten that I am going to get an apartment down there Jan, Feb and March...

Great job! And congratulations on the commitment to Towson! My dad graduated from there (long ago!). It's a great school and in an area where opportunities for internships and a life outside of the gym are very plentiful- no matter what her interests are (sports, outdoors, arts/music, food).

Its crazy how one little fall can cause so much pain and set back. But we are just happy she is healthy and having fun again.
Congratulations to both of you! She has had an incredible journey. Thank you for sharing with us!

For sure... and with the lowering of some skill values and taking bonuses out I really wasn't sure what to expect.
She has more bar stuff to put in but its easy to learn a skill on its own but trying to connect it to something or having the stamina to add it - is a completely different story.
And she knows her floor needs more... but again - she really has low stamina and is a slow twitch.... - so they are working on it.

The nice thing is that the things to fix are things she already can do. Plus she qualified comfortably, even with a fall. That is a very nice place to be in.

Congratulations to Alex! That seems so early for EC screening. My daughter's isn't until Dec.10. Butterflies are starting now!!

Thank you so much...
Congratulations to Alex! That seems so early for EC screening. My daughter's isn't until Dec.10. Butterflies are starting now!!

I agree way too early. I don't understand why Gymnastics Ontario does do the screening first week of January. Elite Canada isn't until 1st week of February.
Its crazy, they have to stop working skills to work routines. Then stop routines to start working skills again - only to go back to routines in January. Nuts.
wow, that is so amazing, good for her!!
Congrats!

So happy to see her back competing again!!
And on the plus side she's looking super toned with all that conditioning lol
Good luck at Elite Canada & congratulations on qualifying :):):)

Thank you Auswi....she is toned for sure... :)

So happy to see her back competing again!!
And on the plus side she's looking super toned with all that conditioning lol
Good luck at Elite Canada & congratulations on qualifying :):):)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back