Parents off topic -Teenagers can't live with 'em . . . can't kill'em

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
I was just informed by my teen that she will be performing in a Camp Rock production. Apparently she was hanging out with friends and decided to audition. Don't get me wrong - I'm really glad she's busy . . . but it makes me busier too! This kid needs to slow down a little or at least appreciate her mom busting her butt. SIGH teens . . . how does any of them survive to become adults? How are they not killed by their parents LOL

Mind you, the FUNNIEST part of this is that she has outright refused to participate in the theater class in the past. There was talk of making it required for dance team and she threatened to quit. I'm dying to see if she actually has "lines" she isn't a speaking in front of a crowd kinda kid usually. And there is no way she'll sing . . . which is a really good thing!

So sure, whats another activity to squeeze into the summer? It's Aug 4 . . lots of time left :eek:

What happened to the kid that asked permission to do anything and everything?! As if I'd say no to this "once in a lifetime opportunity" :rolleyes: Yea, her words - everything is life and death

Missing the lazy days of summer

Just a little rant - thanks for listening and hopefully laughing with me

Deb

When my kid does this I ask her point blank " So how did you figure you were going to get there and back" Then when the deer in the headlights expression hits their face. I let them know that they need to ask me FIRST before they commit. I also have a rule only TWO (2) activities per kid and they have to fit into MY schedule which they all know. This way if they want somthing new they have to give up something old. Once in a while I will let them do something else if it fits in and I'm not rushing.

Just because they want to do something doesn't mean they will get to do it. I like to encourage my kids too but they also have to learn how to respect others time and think about transportation issues.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back