Official Team Posted

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just because she sits out bars in qualifying doesn't mean she sits out in team final...
That's correct. She will for sure, I think, compete bars on TF if she is indeed on the team. I know everyone agrees that Mykayla is the alternate. But until I see an official announcement I still do not believe it.

But the team only currently has 4 amanars, which mean someone has to do their double in qualifying.

Right, but no reason to compete someone AA who does not have an Amanar unless that person is clearly at or near the top on floor, beam, and bars. The Amanars, if I am correct, are Biles, Raisman, Nichols, and Skinner. Doubles are Dowell, Douglas, and Kocian. Of the latter three, I do not see anyone meets that criterion. We know Biles will compete AA. At most there will be two more AAers, but quite possibly just one, and I see that spot going to Raisman and then possibly a third spot to Nichols, not Dowell, Douglas, or Kocian.

If Skinner is the alternate, then I suppose we could see four AAers with Dowell and Kocian trading off responsibilities for the fifth spot in prelims. But I am not sure that makes sense. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Right, but no reason to compete someone AA who does not have an Amanar unless that person is clearly at or near the top on floor, beam, and bars. The Amanars, if I am correct, are Biles, Raisman, Nichols, and Skinner. Doubles are Dowell, Douglas, and Kocian. Of the latter three, I do not see anyone meets that criterion. We know Biles will compete AA. At most there will be two more AAers, but quite possibly just one, and I see that spot going to Raisman and then possibly a third spot to Nichols, not Dowell, Douglas, or Kocian.

If Skinner is the alternate, then I suppose we could see four AAers with Dowell and Kocian trading off responsibilities for the fifth spot in prelims. But I am not sure that makes sense. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Agree that Biles and Raisman are the two best AA's right now, but also think that Douglas is top 5 in each event so will end up doing AA by default. If Brenna and Kocian go on UB, than I think that may leave Maggie out of AA, because Douglas is better on UB, and Aly has a better shot at AA silver so Marta will let her do UB in qualifying over Maggie(that 5th score really doesn't matter much).

Just because she sits out bars in qualifying doesn't mean she sits out in team final...

She has to compete bars in qualifying in order to qualify to event final right? I assumed she was brought for the bars event final.

Do they have to decide the line-up in advance or can they decide during the meet? I seem to recall girls being substituted during other meets based on bad warm-ups. Can they see what the status of the AA is and make decisions on who to put up based on that?

The Leo's were very high cut! I like the design but not the color combination.

This!! Why cater to the creepers??

I know it annoys me. We give them perfect fodder . Nearly all the countries are guilty. It would interest me to know if a teenage girl would have some legal recourse for distress of some kind if they can prove video of them wearing official team gear ended up on some creepers page somewhere. Do the team managers have some kind of legal responsibility for something unpleasant happening to an under 18 year old in their care. Would that include revealing parts of their body to the public?

Did anyone see the Instagram post by Kim Zmescal (kimzb) re:Bailie Key- seems like she is "on to the next" not sure if that means out of elite- or she just felt snubbed at world's and is now next step is Rio- or more of a - if you can't use me at Worlds I will take myself out for Rio?? Maybe tired of vying for those spots after Biles?? Always competing for second? Hurt.....I can post the link if no one say it on Instagram- it was yesterday.

http://instaliga.com/kimzb/1101667640033260719_1138692

I'm sure it just means she's going to rest up and then get to work to get ready for Nationals, Trials, and Rio.

I took it as take a rest, and now train looking to make Olympic team. I didn't read anything else into it at all like what you said (?)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back