Parents Oh Boy - Just when things were looking up.. Something has to come down!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We got some good news today! Beetle had a follow up with at the dr today.

She said she was thinking about us after we left and came up with an idea. She said that most of the time with Beetles type of injury the cast it for 3 weeks then put them in a walking boot. This is necessary only because well you can take a walking boot off and a majority of kids with this injury - take the boot off when they are feeling better and then get hurt again!

BUT, she thought that Beetle was such a dedicated girl to her sport and that she would take this seriously. So they didnt cast her! They just gave her the walking boot!

What is great about this is she can keep her mobility and even some strengthening. The Dr talked about giving her some excercises in a week. This is nice because once she is back in full practice she wont have to go through that transition of regaining strenght!

She is thrilled.. she gets to wear jeans again and in a week or so she can even stop using her crutches and just walk on the 'walking boot'!

Now that is wonderful news/ Beetle must be thriled with this "reward", I love that the doctor saw the maturity on her and was able to be flexible with her.

GREAT NEWS! We loved our walking boot vs.cast too....were able to wear all regular pants. DD loved weraing funky socks with it! Healing vibes ~*~*~ to Beetle, I'm sure she will be very careful!

first off I am sooo sorry to here about beetles ankle .That is great that she does not have to wear a cast.Sending her a heal up fast fariy her way!

so very sorry to hear she hurt herself...hopefully recovery will be quick and non-complicated!

That's great news that she's already in a boot! She'll feel like herself so much sooner this way. Plus, getting rid of the crutches sooner is a huge relief. Speaking from personal experience, crutches are the worst!!

Oh! I'm so sorry that she'll miss the training camp! That really stinks for her, she worked hard to get that invite. I'm glad that the season doesn't start for 4 months, and it will be a great help that she's repeating a level, but being out of action really stinks for any amount of time.

Kelsey was wishing that she had broken a toe instead of a finger so that she could get on bars, I'll have to tell her that it could be worse, that she might not be able to do the leaps and dance elements either. I'm glad that they could avoid the cast and that she may be able to do strengthing excercies in a bit. That will help out a lot.

Sending you lots of healing fairies!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back