Parents Oh no !!!

• Thread starter flippymonkeysmom
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippymonkeysmom

My dd is doing her first level 7 meet next weekend. Well my oh so coordinated daughter was running around the pool today and got tripped by our dog. She wiped out hard and her knee is really swollen and hurting. Of course I yelled at her that she shouldn't have been running by the pool (her brother was chasing her b/c she pushed him in - typical day around here). Anyway, now several hours later it is still hurting and she won't bend it very much. I'd appreciate any magic healing voodoo powers anyone can send this way. Never a dull moment!!

RICE - Rest Ice Compress Elevate, this will help if anything can. If it still hurts in a day or two, take her to get it looked at. Though if she cannot stand on it tomorrow she should probably get it looked at straight away.

Poor kid, I totally get where you are coming from on this one.

I'll also send some positive thoughts her way.:cool:

Aww, poor kid. I agree with everything Bog said. And don't worry too much just yet. Knees can be quite painful when bruised, but often heal quickly.

I wish her the best.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts - I think it's working. It is still swollen and hurting today, but she is walking on it and can bend it better than yesterday. We are still icing it, and last night I had her soak in an epson salt bath. For some reason that seems to do wonders. Hopefully she will be back to normal in a few days - she has been working so hard to get ready for this meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back