ok HELP?!?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Im 15 and 16 in june.....i can do a backwalk over,frontwalk over, cartweel,left splits,middle,right,round-off in gymnastics but i have never tried RG?!?! So do u think i would be good honestly.... and where are some clubs in milwaukee WI.... and their was this one place that my dad called and they said i was too old swiss turners said that!!! so am i to old!??!!?!?

Personally, I don't think that you are too old. Many rhythmic gymnasts I've seen are in they're early twenties, and you are no where near there. But being flexible is more important. You have all your splits down, correct? So can you go into over splits? Do you have high kicks? Can you do good leaps? Consider these questions, and flexibility has to do with all of these. Since there are a number of gyms out there, try a few classes at each and decide what you like.

Rhythmic gymnastics is very different from artistic ("regular") gymnastics. You have to be REALLY naturally flexible to do RG, and also REALLY work on it. For example, it took me a year's worth of effort to get my splits down. Now I have my splits. But I'll never be as flexible as someone who is naturally flexible, because I'd have to spend SO much time on it that I would be at a big disandvantage in RG. Younger girls are more flexible, so they're more likely to be able to do RG, but if you're flexible or want to try it out and see, I'd call another gym or persist at the one that turned you down. A trial session would be a great idea, to see if you like it and if the gym would take you on for a recreational class.

i think anyone can do RG. its never too late and i think RG gymnasts have a longer career. you dont have to be flexible coz i have a friends shes really good but totally not flexible.

i wouldnt do it coz i dont have hand-eye coordination, and i think you need that to catch the apparatus.

good luck

I never did RG, but I started Acrobatics when I was 14 and I could only do cartwheels, round-offs, handstands and backbends.
I've been doing it for 8 months and I can already do One-handed Cartwheels, Back Walkovers, Front Walkovers, Front Handsprings, Headstands and almost Front Tucks. ;)
I guess I'm pretty much the living-prove that you're never to old to start... :rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back