OK...I have good news and bad news...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When I came home from work today my dd very excitedly tells me that she has something to show me. I'm thinking it was something that she did in school, like an "A" paper or a craft she made...what she shows me is this:

YouTube - Kids...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr2wIfVEhkA

I had to take a video of her so that all of you could see this breakthrough in her!!!! Now, the GOOD news is that she is doing her BHS by herself!!! The BAD news is she is doing them on the bed :eek:!!! I don't know whether to congratulate her on her persevearance in getting over this fear or scold her for tumbling on the bed!!! EEEEK!!!!!!

Ok, first..Great job on the back handspring!! :applause::thumbsup:

On a safer note, your bed is not the safest thing to tumble on. It can also damage it. Hannah was doing back handsprings on my bed a couple days ago, and I freaked out LOL. Also, if she is not careful, she can make the back handspring too long and hit her feet on the back board. Our neighbor did that and she broke her toe. You can bring her to an open gym if there is one and she can work on it there. If not, she can do it during practice. Good luck!:)

LOL--yes I certainly know how dangerous that can be. I have told her that she is not to do ANY MORE BHS on the bed! I think she has been a bit antsy because she hasn't been to practice in the gym since last Thursday (the gym has been closed for Labor day). She will have to wait until Thursday when they have practice!!!
Thanks for the concern--I appreciate it!

LOL--yes I certainly know how dangerous that can be. I have told her that she is not to do ANY MORE BHS on the bed! I think she has been a bit antsy because she hasn't been to practice in the gym since last Thursday (the gym has been closed for Labor day). She will have to wait until Thursday when they have practice!!!
Thanks for the concern--I appreciate it!

I totally understand, our gym was close too. The girls went nuts! They were on their practice beam most of the day and practiced routines all day LOL. I can't wait until she gets it on floor!:D

That is great!:p OK not real safe but funny anyways. My DD is now 12 but when she was 5 or 6 she would vault over the arm of our couch.:eek: Needless to say it was not good for the couch either. best wishes gymnasts are an unusual group not much fear!

congrats on the BHS. I think all of us parents have been through the situation of dnagerous gymnastics before. I cam down stairs from the shower in the spring to watch my dd doeing BHS on the couch!

Congrates,that's a start.Next thing you know she will be doing them in the gym all the time.
When my daughter was younger we had 2 old matrases we layed on the floor where she did her bhs.
daughter broke one of ur beds using it as a trampoline.

:applause::bouncy::applause::bouncy: Yea !!! I am so happy for her that she got over her mental block. She must be so proud of herself.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News