Old vs New Music?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

Wondering if your gym is using the new compulsory music or the old music? I noticed at the meet this weekend that over half the gyms are still using the old music. (our gym switched to the new music).

And listening to it over and over and over (and over) this weekend--the new music is starting to grow on me! But I do thank God I don't have my own Compulsory anymore LOL!

Wondering if your gym is using the new compulsory music or the old music? I noticed at the meet this weekend that over half the gyms are still using the old music. (our gym switched to the new music).

And listening to it over and over and over (and over) this weekend--the new music is starting to grow on me! But I do thank God I don't have my own Compulsory anymore LOL!

LOL Our gym hasn't had its first meet yet so I don't know what other gyms are doing but ours is still using the Old stripper music (LOL). The new music isn't awful but I guess its what you get use to after 3 years of listening to the old music it just seems strange to have different music to the same routines.

We have alot of girls repeating the levels this year too so giving them new music to routines they did to old music would just confuse them. I believe if it were all new girls at the level and no repeats then they would use the new music because we do have it.

It's the new music for us. It seems really rushed at times (level 4). My daughter is a 1st year Level 4 but she heard the old music so much last year she still hums it at home when she is practicing the dance part of her routine. I think they have only practiced the routine with the new music once or twice at most so I don't know how well she will do at her first meet (this Saturday). Wish us luck!!

We're using the old music. Tiny team, tiny wallets...

I also personally see the new Level 4 music as way too mature for some of our kids. We have these megasmilers and the new music is very serious. One of our girls said it sounds sad, and on reflection it is a bit melancholy. I'd love to see it on a couple of our older compulsories but not the little ones.

We are using the old music, and at our meet this weekend it was probably about 70-30 (70 Old; 30 New). I'm so glad that I don't have to do those routines anymore, though!

Old music here, too. On first listening, I think the new music sounds like elevator music. Seems like there are very few audible "clues" to help keep them on track with their routines. Then again, compulsory music is compulsory music...

We are using the old music here too. We had a critique meet this past weekend but our regular meet season doesn't start until January. I think we will keep using the old music then too. Yesterday, all the teams but one used the old music. I like the old music better though strip tease part not included LOL

I would say about half and half around here as well. DDs gym is using the new music. What bothers me the most is how soft the L4 new music is compared to the blaring old L4 music. I can barely hear it at meets. Is that just here or everywhere?

I agree that the L4 music has some weird rushed parts and not many cues like the old. What we are seeing is mix-ups. Our first girl up on floor at last meet, they started the old L4 music, she is a first year L4 and did the routine to it like a pro. We were all so proud of her, she didn't freak out or anything. :) Saw this happen a few times, especially confusing at the L5/6 meet that was combined.

Old music for us too. Our floor coach hates the new music, although next year she is stuck with it! Dd is sad she won't get the old L5 music, she loves it!

It's the new music for us. I think the girls all wanted the old music but the hc decided on the new. Don't know why but it grows on you. I haven't heard it often enough yet to get sick of it, I suppose! :p

We just had our first meet also and our gym was using the old because we haven't gotten the new music but in my oponion the new music sucks and hope our team doesnt use it even though im not compulsory but still.

We are using the old music here too. We had a critique meet this past weekend but our regular meet season doesn't start until January. I think we will keep using the old music then too. Yesterday, all the teams but one used the old music. I like the old music better though strip tease part not included LOL
Strip tease part? huh?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back