WAG Older competitive gymnast...advice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm currently a level 2 gymnast. My gym has evaluations coming up soon and I have almost ALL my skills to move up to lvl 3, but my coach said she thinks most of our team could use a little more time (about a month) before we move up. This is discouraging b/c I was hoping to compete level 4 this year. At my gym in level 4 you get to go out of the your home gym to compete and there are older girls rather than mostly 9/10 yr olds. Also the skills seem more fun then level 2/3 and I have a few skills that are 4/5 skills. There are still some girls around my age but, I don't understand why I need to spend more time in a level I'm for sure not going to compete. I feel that if my coach moved me up in a few weeks, I would have more time to see how far I get in level 3 and then for sure determine if I would compete 4 or skip it next season. P.S. I'm new to chalk bucket so I hope I'm posting this in the right place :)

I'm currently a level 2 gymnast. My gym has evaluations coming up soon and I have almost ALL my skills to move up to lvl 3, but my coach said she thinks most of our team could use a little more time (about a month) before we move up. This is discouraging b/c I was hoping to compete level 4 this year. At my gym in level 4 you get to go out of the your home gym to compete and there are older girls rather than mostly 9/10 yr olds. Also the skills seem more fun then level 2/3 and I have a few skills that are 4/5 skills. There are still some girls around my age but, I don't understand why I need to spend more time in a level I'm for sure not going to compete. I feel that if my coach moved me up in a few weeks, I would have more time to see how far I get in level 3 and then for sure determine if I would compete 4 or skip it next season. P.S. I'm new to chalk bucket so I hope I'm posting this in the right place :)
Ok... the easiest explanation for spending an extra month in a level you wont be competing is that, as you said, you have ALMOST all of the skills needed to move up to level 3. In that month, maybe you will get the missing skills to move up.

I'm sure you'll move up soon. Who knows maybe spending more time in level 2 and focusing on really having all your basic skills down solid will benefit you. Plus you said you have some higher level skills, so you may progress through level 3 very fast once you get there! Good luck :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back