WAG Olecranon apophysitis

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2557

Proud Parent
Wondering if folks have stories of dealing with olecranon apophysitis. Would be interested to hear about diagnosis, treatment and recovery times. Also any success with PT, bracing, ice, heat etc?

You mean pitchers elbow? How old is athlete? Can be a different path for younger vs older child.

You mean pitchers elbow? How old is athlete? Can be a different path for younger vs older child.
Pitcher's elbow is typically on the inside of the elbow (medial epicondylitis) while this is on the posterior of the elbow at the olecranon). DD is 11.

OP, did you ever get any more info from others who have been there? Mine was diagnosed with that today so I’m curious as well! Hope yours is improving since you originally posted!

OP, did you ever get any more info from others who have been there? Mine was diagnosed with that today so I’m curious as well! Hope yours is improving since you originally posted!
Hi. We never got anymore info from the forum.However, she is doing OK and is avoiding anything that hurts hoping that with rest it will resolve over time.

Can I ask what you are doing for it? I'd love to hear some ideas that might help speed healing :)

Well....... not really anything yet. She’s starting out by just avoiding vault entirely for a week and reducing numbers on other things and then we are probably going to time her week of summer vacation for the following week and will continue to modify and slowly build back up when she returns. I know, I know. Not what the doctor ordered. How about you guys?

Well....... not really anything yet. She’s starting out by just avoiding vault entirely for a week and reducing numbers on other things and then we are probably going to time her week of summer vacation for the following week and will continue to modify and slowly build back up when she returns. I know, I know. Not what the doctor ordered. How about you guys?

She rested them completely a couple of times, ices after practice, heat, massage, PT and does nothing that hurts. It's has not been quick to heal but is better than it was at first. Good luck. I hope your DD heals soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back