Olympic Test event tickets on sale!!! Well kind of....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Olympic test event details revealed
(UKPA) – 28 minutes ago

Tickets for track cycling, gymnastics and diving pre-Olympic test events will go on sale on November 17 at 10am, London 2012 has announced.

They will cost from £5 to £40 when they go for sale online at www.ticketmaster.co.uk/londonpreparesseries.

Fans will have to have a Visa debit, credit or prepaid card to pay for them.

The events at the Aquatics Centre and Velodrome will be the first competitions to be held in the newly built venues on the Olympic Park. They are part of a series of test events London 2012 organisers are using to put the venues, facilities, staffing and procedures through their paces in preparation for the Games.

The International Gymnastics Olympic Qualifier held at the North Greenwich Arena (known as The O2), from January 10 to 18, will be the last chance for the world's top gymnasts to win a place at London 2012.
Tickets to see trampolining, artistic or rhythmic gymnastics will cost from £5 to £20.

Tickets for the UCI Track Cycling World Cup Classic from February 16 to 19 range from £10 to £40.

The FINA Diving World Cup from February 20 to 26 will be the last chance for athletes to qualify for the individual and synchronised diving at the London 2012 Games. Tickets will cost £5-£30.

Tickets for the International Table Tennis Federation's Pro Tour Grand Finals at ExCeL, from November 24 to 27, are already on-sale at www.etta.co.uk/grand-finals, through the English Table Tennis Association.

Tickets to see British hopefuls at the British Swimming Championships in the Aquatics centre from March 3 to 10 go on general sale at www.swimming.org/britishswimming, through the British Swimming website on November 4. Both double up as test events for the London 2012 Games.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iB1Zdb2Q9kYu-RC3RzwOct5GIxQg?docId=B37807981320152789A00

MIght be a great opportunity to see gymnastics for a whole lot less than the actual Olympics. Tickets are well priced.

and the cheap hotel rates are available too - I've been watching this and wondering about going up - Its still a 5 hour drive from her so not sure if we can do it (finances being what they are)

It is still a long way isn't it. Maybe you can find a friend and child to car pool and share a hotel room with. I know there is a holiday inn close to the O2 that has two doubles beds in the room, also really easy to take the tube to London from there as well.

If it wasn't right after Christmas break I would be so tempted, there will be some great gymnasts there.

Travelodge are doing their £10 room sale atm ! But petrol costs are up to £1.40 a litre in some places so its costly

Travelodge are doing their £10 room sale atm ! But petrol costs are up to £1.40 a litre in some places so its costly

The Travelodge deal always make me want to book tons of rooms!

I know your petrol proces are crazy. Last time I went to visit I offered to fill up my brothers car as he was driving me everywhere. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the cost. We are at $1.25 a litre.

Have you noticed petrol prices are now listed by the litre as it is way less scary than the price for a gallon?

I'll definitely check out the tickets, as we didn't get any olympic ones (boo, hiss).

Some of the sessions are quite late at night though (up until 22:00), which would be too late for my DD's.

Some are going on sale early through the relevant sport body- I know cycling is at least. I don't think BGA are though.

I hate the ticketmaster website too :rolleyes:

I'll definitely check out the tickets, as we didn't get any olympic ones (boo, hiss).

Some of the sessions are quite late at night though (up until 22:00), which would be too late for my DD's.

Some are going on sale early through the relevant sport body- I know cycling is at least. I don't think BGA are though.

I hate the ticketmaster website too
:rolleyes:

me too !

Dad was doing his quick cost of living thing tyhe other day and he worked out when he first had a car - back in the days of L S D petrol worked out to be about £ 6.50 per gallon in todays money ( going on wage inflation) - which is pretty much what it is now - we had a period of very low fuel prices in the 80's and still think about then

ooohhhhhh! I'm just over an hour from London and we didn't get any olympic tickets - I wonder when these go on sale?? What a perfect Christmas present that would be for DD......

Thanks so much for posting Marie - I just got tickets to take my daughter and a friend on the Wednesday to the WA qualification - not sure what that will entail but I'm sure it will be a great experience for the girls

Ooh I love watching qualifications! I had to be quite choosy with my selection as it is right after Christmas and the funds are running low, so I'll be seeing the apparatus finals on the Thurs and Fri

Been a good week for my daughter - she's had a few months of hard slog and little discernible progress, and this week three skills have suddenly 'clicked' all at once - her handspring vault, front tuck dismount from beam, and chinup back circle on bars. She's a floor and vault gymnast with not much upper body strength (she danced for years), so the progress, the tickets, and Christmas on the way all make for a very smiley girl.

We just got the one day as it's all I can afford to take off work and will have to take her out of school, I didn't know what to buy but I imagine that just the experience and soaking up the atmosphere will be awesome for the girls - they're both 11. Thanks again for posting Marie - I'd forgotten to check back x

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back