Olympic Trials

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I hope Chellsie Memmel is going cause shes from my state! GO WISCONSIN! -lol-

olympic trial competitors

these are the girls who will be competing at the trials.

2008-09 U.S. Senior National Team
Jana Bieger, Coconut Creek, Fla./Bieger International Gymnastics
Mackenzie Caquatto, Naperville, Ill./Aerials
Olivia Courtney, Orlando, Fla./Orlando Metro
Ivana Hong, Blue Springs, Mo./GAGE
Alaina Johnson, Tyler, Texas/Texas East
Shawn Johnson, West Des Moines, Iowa/Chow’s Gymnastics
Mattie Larson, Los Angeles/All Olympia
Nastia Liukin, Parker, Texas/WOGA
Corrie Lothrop, Gaithersburg, Md./Hill’s
Chellsie Memmel, West Allis, Wis./M&M Gymnastics
Samantha Peszek, Indianapolis, Ind./DeVeau’s
Alicia Sacramone, Winchester, Mass./Brestyan’s
Randy Stageberg, Chesapeake, Va./Excalibur
Also invited to the U.S. Olympic Team Trials
Chelsea Davis, Lakeway, Texas/Texas Dreams
Darling Hill, Mt. Laurel, N.J./Will-Moor
Britney Ranzy, Gaithersburg, Md./Excalibur
Amber Trani, Richlandtown, Pa./Parkettes
Bridget Sloan, Pittsboro, Ind./Sharp’s
Shayla Worley, Orlando, Fla./Orlando Metro

My DD and I are going to see the trials, along with several other families from our gym. She is so excited to be able to go.

Ya i really hope she'll go! I think she's going too! I might get to go to this but idk yet cause i have nationals like 4 days later so idk but i really hope so!!:p

I am in such agony over who I want on the Olympic team! Ugh! We so obviously know Shawn, Nastia, and Alicia, so that takes up half of the spots. I want Chellsie; I think her bars score could really help us (did you catch the 7.0 A score on night two?!?) So that's 4. I adore Sam Peszek, but I don't think she performed as well at these nationals as she has previously, so I think that could hurt her, but we'll have to see what she does at trials. Personally I love Ivana's gymnastics-she's so beautiful to watch. But does the US need her? Maybe, maybe not. She is not at all well-received by the judges...it's those handstands on bars, as in she needs to hit them. Who doesn't love little miss Shayla, but will her injury be resolved in time to be in full force for the games? I think Bridget Sloan is lovely as well, but does team USA really need another lukewarm bars and decent beam worker? Darling is great, but can the team really depend on her? My complete wild card will be Mattie Larson. Those are my thoughts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back