MAG OMG Regionals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

jenjean70

Proud Parent
If anyone remembers back in September/October my son was training level 8 but was scared of the difficult skills they wanted to put in his routines so he began to freeze and started to lose skills. The coaches, Nate and I decided that another year at level 7 would help....Well, it was the best decision EVER! He had the meet of his life at regionals. He hit all 6 routines and even got a perfect plus score on vault with a 9.6 out of 9.5 (first time to stick a vault in competition- EVER!) He fixed his shape on high bar, kept his legs tight and together and got his highest score of the season. His legs were tight on every event! He got 1st on vault and floor, 3rd on pommel, rings, and high bar and 4th on parallel bars and he met his goal of making the podium at regionals with a 2nd AA placement! He was happier than I have ever seen him- he was bouncing off the walls. :) He even asked to watch his routines and said he can't wait to go to practice this week. Thanks to the advice I got here about the Brainspotting technique and books and lots of prayers he was able to push through his fear, set a goal and accomplish it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back