WAG One handed roundoff

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Question for FIG judges...A one handed roundoff isnt in the FIG code as a skill. If performed, Will iT count as nothing or as a regular roundoff?

Interesting question, never had to judge a one handed roundoff yet. Usually there are only two options: reward D-value and deduct for mistakes at the E-score or not reward a skill at all.

I think a intentionally performed one handed roundoff would not count as a skill on beam (element 5.208) and floor (element 3.106), because to reward difficulty value an element must be performed according to the description of the body position in the table of elements.

You can find this rule in section 7 (regulations governing the d-score, recognition of DV of elemts) in 7.2.1 a).

In the table of elements is no addition like “also with support of one arm” in the code.

If you compare it with a bhs (element 3.107) on floor, it explicitly says “all flic-flac variations, also with support of one arm”.

Maybe you can submit it as a new skill with A-value at local competitons?

How would this get into place? Would I submit it to the national committee? Regional? State?

Written request at the competition, like raising the bar for tall gymnasts. I do not know how it works in the Netherlands, but this is how we would do it here.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back