Coaches One handed valdez einhändiger Valdez

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Coach-Ute

Coach
Gymnast
Ich höre gehört, welche Wertigkeit ein eingängiger Valdez am Sitz von Schwebebalken hat. Nicht der, der über die Horizontale wird, wird ganz normal über die Beziehungen. Kann mir jemand helfen? Gehe von einem B-Element aus ...
Coach-Ute

Ein ganz normaler Valdez ist nämlich ein B-Teil am Balken.
Ich bin nicht sicher, was du mit "engängiger" gemeint hast, da ein Valdez kein Eingang sein könnte ? Vielleicht hättest du "einhändiger" gemeint ?

(OP was asking about the value of a Valdez on beam : it's a B element)

@Coach-Ute Thank you for visiting ChalkBucket. At this time this is only an English language site.

A one-handed valdez is a C, I think!
Ein einhändiger Valdez ist einem C-element, denke ich!
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 12.12.37 AM.png

No, the C-version (on the right on the image you posted) goes through the horizontal plane, which is not the case in a regular valdez, which was what OP was talking about.
There is no specific "one handed Valdez" skill, which means it is the same value as a regulat valdez (you don't put your second arm down until quite late anayway), which is a B.

Here is a video of the C skill, done by its originator Kelly Garrisson :

By the way, has anyone ever trained this skill ? It looks like a rather easy C but I have never tried it...

By the way, has anyone ever trained this skill ? It looks like a rather easy C but I have never tried it...

It looks very cool but not exactly easy to me. I feel like my gymnasts would dislocate their (supporting) shoulder on the first try. :eek:
I love old routines like that though! So many skills we don't see anymore.

It looks very cool but not exactly easy to me. I feel like my gymnasts would dislocate their (supporting) shoulder on the first try. :eek:
I love old routines like that though! So many skills we don't see anymore.
Mhhh, I don't know...
If you start with your hand with fingers facing your legs, then sure you'll dislocate your shoulder. However, if you start with your hand the way she does it (basically the same as in a regular valdez), you should be fine ?
I tried it very briefly on the floor (everything is still closed around here and I certainly don't want to pay a visit to the local hospital with a dislocated shoulder) and I found it rather easy. Obviously mine wasn't nearly as nice and precise as hers and I was on the floor, but still. And I think I have seen it used as floor choreo ?
But I might very well be missing something that makes it complicated.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back