One More Practice . . .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippersmom

DD has states early Saturday am, so only has a short practice on Friday.

After she somehow falls off during her back hip circle on high bar (luckily, coach was able to reach her and grab her), so starts freaking herself out - what if I do that during the meet, what if I don't make it over the vault table, what if I fall a bunch of times on beam, what if I forget to do a second backhandspring. I just had to kind of laugh (no, I didn't laugh in front of her). This is her second year, I don't think any of these things will be a problem. I think we just need to not mention states over the next couple of days. She was doing fine when I picked her up, I think she just over-thought things too much. She's having a non-gym friend over tomorrow - the perfect distraction.

And, no matter what, I think I will be celebrating no more L5 music! Two years is enough!!!

Best of luck for states, sending you the chill out and have fun fairy!!! Also congrats on her being one of the few to actually make it past L5.

Sorry, didn't see the date, hope she had a great meet.... I know what nerves can do to a gymmie, hope it all turned out ok!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back