WAG One Shoe?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

beachgirl

Proud Parent
Judge
Why does Ragan Smith only wear one shoe for beam and floor? Do others do this too and I just haven't noticed?

Now this is an interesting topic imho...maybe one foot needs some protection from a slight injury?....hmm...curious what others post.

Most of the girls who wear one shoe on beam or floor wear the one shoe on their turning foot - so they are less "sticky" on their turns.

A couple of the older girls on our team do this on beam, and for them it definitely is about smoother turns. I'm not a fan, I bet they'd be ecstatic to see elites doing it. Proving coach wrong, haha.

Ragan wore a half shoe (turner). I see them in dance all the time although our studio doesn't wear them at all. There are different brand names, I think pirouette is one. Basically it covers the toes and forefoot, then there's just an elastic strap going over the heel. It was very noticeable to me and I vastly prefer the look of going barefoot but I can understand what the purpose was.
I wish she would have at least used a nude colored one, they exist..! :)

Aly Raisman has been wearing one shoe on floor since upgrading her L turn to a double. Though she does wear one that is less noticeable due to color.

Ragan wore a half shoe (turner). I see them in dance all the time although our studio doesn't wear them at all. There are different brand names, I think pirouette is one. Basically it covers the toes and forefoot, then there's just an elastic strap going over the heel. It was very noticeable to me and I vastly prefer the look of going barefoot but I can understand what the purpose was.
I wish she would have at least used a nude colored one, they exist..! :)
I noticed Aly had one on as well. Hadn't really noticed before this season on any of the girls!

The first artistic elite I ever noticed wearing one rhythmic shoe was Terin humphrey. She later started wearing two shoes. But that was for floor. Terin wore tumbling shoes on beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back