Ontario Qualifiers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
I just found out that this year the girls can compete in 4 qualifiers instead of 3. The top 2 scores are still averaged for championships.

Other than this and the age change, does anyone else know of any other changes?

Has anyone's club given them their qualifiers yet?

We are hosting one this year so at least we know of one. Plus with the age group change now we are going to tour selection.[emoji16]

We've also been told that they will not qualify as many girls as they did last year for compulsories. My DD had 80 girls in the L4 group for her age at provincials. The Level 3 groups had up to 120 kids. Qualifying is not nearly as special if they end up sending 75% of the kids who competed that season. Only Level 5 qualified 40 kids as they tend to be a smaller group with 5 being skipped.
We were told all of our qualifying meets last month and have paid fees for them already, our club also hosts a meet each year. We'll do a final meet in Burlington in the spring for fun after the qualifiers are done. I assume if you're doing Tour Selection that your daughter is Level 6+? I see it in BTS on November 10th. Our optionals start competing in December, I'm surprised you don't know where you'll be yet.

In the summer 2016 news letter it says that for L3-5 they are allowing a maximum of 4 qualifying meets and a minimum of 2 qualifying scores to be eligible for Championship. Best 2 scores averaged and ranked.

The way its printed in the news letter I think its only L3-5.

We are aware of our qualifers.

Tour this year is 14+

I just found out that this year the girls can compete in 4 qualifiers instead of 3. The top 2 scores are still averaged for championships.
Other than this and the age change, does anyone else know of any other changes?
Has anyone's club given them their qualifiers yet?
We are hosting one this year so at least we know of one. Plus with the age group change now we are going to tour selection.[emoji16]

Yes because of the age shift, dd is considered 14 even though she will compete at tour selection and our December qualifier at age 12.

I found our December qualifier on BTS.

Yes because of the age shift, dd is considered 14 even though she will compete at tour selection and our December qualifier at age 12.

Wait...how will she be considered 14 if she is 12 in November? Wouldn't she be considered 13 (her age on Dec 31, 2017)?

ETA: is she a December baby?

I think I read in a GO docment that top 40 L3-5, top 32 L6-10 qualify for Ontario Championships. Our L6s will compete 3 qualifiers and I understand they're already registered.

If she is 12 this November, she will compete as a 13 year old.
If she is 13 this November, she will then be a 14 year old.

Nope it's the age they will be December 31, 2017, the year of championships. They changed it this year.

Her birthday is the end of December. So she turns 13 this December and 14 in December 2017. So she will never actually be 14 while competing as a 14 year old, lol.

yes we were saying the same thing... so she will be 13 this year.... lucky her...14 it is. But I think she will still be in the younger group. Last year they did 11-14 and then 15+

Nope it's the age they will be December 31, 2017, the year of championships. They changed it this year.

Her birthday is the end of December. So she turns 13 this December and 14 in December 2017. So she will never actually be 14 while competing as a 14 year old, lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back