WAG Opinion on doing pommel horse like skills on beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My coach decided we should all try to find a 'cool' skill to do on beam to distinguish us from the other competition. I was thinking I could do things like pommel scissors etc. because I was okay at them. Do you think they look okay?

And don't say 'ask my coach,' I want YOUR opinion :D From people who may not see the technical difficulty, do they look ugly on beam, etc.?

Like these sort of things:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

My DD's lvl 6 beam amount is a shoot through, just like lvl 3 bar's shoot through lol. It reminds me of the beginning of a pommel horse routine.

She's the only one who has it and other parents at our gym think it's cool. If done right, I personally think these look great and give the judges (and audience) something different to see. Good luck!

I think it would be a fun skill to see in a beam routine. I'd just advise you to check and be sure you know what COP value it has and whether you need it to count to get your minimum SV for your routine. I was sitting with beam judges at our home meet and a few "cool mounts" didn't get credit as needed A skills . . .

I think it would be a fun skill to see in a beam routine. I'd just advise you to check and be sure you know what COP value it has and whether you need it to count to get your minimum SV for your routine. I was sitting with beam judges at our home meet and a few "cool mounts" didn't get credit as needed A skills . . .
Oh, I wouldn't use it as a SV, I'd just use it as a "cool skill", but thanks for the advice

the only problem with "cool skills" that are not part of your SV is that they don't add to your score, but you can still get deducted for them for lack of form .

Clean and simple tends to win, especially in your 10 code

the only problem with "cool skills" that are not part of your SV is that they don't add to your score, but you can still get deducted for them for lack of form .

Clean and simple tends to win, especially in your 10 code
Hmm, I didn't think of that. I'll ask my coach what he thinks. Thanks

Edit: Oh, what I meant by "cool skill" was that I'd have enough other SV, but it would be a backup in case I screwed up. Sorry, I wasn't very clear

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back