Off Topic Optional and Team Leo And Colors

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

U

united team girl

Hey every1. What is ur team color???:D

Do ur optionals wear different leos, or different colors???:confused:

Our club colours are navy blue, light blue and white.
we have 3 different leotards for our club. one for level 1-3, one for levels 4-6 and one for levels 7-10. They are all a somewhat similar design but have slight differences. for example level 1-3 is all lycra, level 4-6 and 7-10 have velvet bodies and lycra arms, but levels 7-10 have sparkly arms and more diamontes on the front of the body. lol.... they are kind of hard to describe!! :D

haha thats a really confusing post!! :p

Our gym isn't really too bothered any more, thank god- it used to be horrible black and yellow leos. They looked like swimming costumes and the yellow used to clash something awful- we're all really pale.

As long as the leos aren't too bright and over the top and the coach says its ok to wear them, we can wear them. We have team warmups and bags though.

I remember one montrosity from when I started gymnastics- green and red. and sparkly. AAHHHH!!!!!!

Last edited:
We have a black shiny suit with the pink breast cancer ribbon and like white/pink diamonds. 5-9 wear that and then 4s have the same suit but the short sleeved version so its like a little different too. Idk I think our colors are like black and gold but maybe now they are black and pink?

We have shiny black, bright pink, white, with black and bright pink gems. Our warm up leo is slightly different shiny black, bright pink, silver and diamond and pink gems. Our warmups are black velvet with metallic pink, and diamond gems.

It's funny to watch the trends in leo colors and designs. I few years ago, everyone seemed to have red leos (including my dd). Now its black or blue and silver (including my dd). I did see a ugly green (like army green), brown and gold leo at a meet his year. It looked like they were going hunting after they competed.
....sorry if that's your leo.

My DD gym colors are re, blak and silver or white. i do think trends are interesting also. our compulsuraies wear a black and red stock GK leo with jewels it is great and was cheap. Our optionals wear a shiny black, shimmer silver with red and jewels. we try hard not to change yearly and to recyle the ones who have left.

Our leos are black and lime green. they aer absolutly beautiful. I have sami dark skin like tan and i look good in bright colors. Black is velvet and the lime green is lycra. I love them. But i came up with this thing called LIME GREEN FIRE and i am a new optional and i suggested that our optional leos should have a little lime green fire on them and the coaches love it

The level 4s always have a red white and blue adidas leo, the 5s and 6s have red and white leos with a lot of rhinestones and a rhinestone american flag on the upper arm of the left sleeve, the optionals have a white leo with a red swirl and a blue swirl on the chest, white mesh on the sleeves and above the swirls, with a lot of rhinestones

My gym has the exact same leo that the US used in 2001. It has a blue body with white sides and sleeves and red stripes. Optionals and compulsories always have the same leo.

Our colors are blue, light blue and white, I think. The practice leo is navy blue with the gym logo in light blue and white on the front. The competition leo is white and blue with long sleeves and lots of sparkles (you can see it in my avatar and in the album pics). I really like it. I think it looks great. They also have a matching blue and white warm up jacket with the gym name spelled out in sparkles on the back, blue warm up pants and matching blue Crocs.

We have three different competition leo's. 1 for the level 1, 2 and 3's, 1 for the level 4-6's and one for level 7 and above. Are your gyms allowed to just change the leo's and the colors whenever they like? In Australia there are strict rules you need to get your colors approved by Gymnastics Australia (so not all the gyms are the same) and if you get a new leo designed it needs to be approved aswell before your gymnasts can wear it.

Our team colors are Purple and White. The leo we have right now is kinda ugly I think, but its not all that bad.

The one below is the Optional Leotard.
lauren.jpg

and this one is the compulsory leo which I like better. (sorry I couldn't find a good picture)
sarabeth-beam.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well our team colors were always black and gold and all levels used to wear the same leos, but now it's changed. We have black and goldenrod warmups. The level threes and fours wear(IMO) ugly cheap leos-they're black lycra with a sparlky samon swirl thing. Our fives and sixes wear, IMO, the best leos. I only wore it for a year, but the sleeves are black metallic-y, very cling-y, with a teal sparkly stripe across the chest;the rest is black velvet. The optionals leos (I wore it this year...not a fan...good thing we're getting new ones :D ) are black velvet, with black mesh sleeves(with black velvet right around the wrists) and aqua cutouts all over, acompanied by silver rhinestones. I just didn't really like them all that much.

level 5/6 (the mainly black one) is the first attachment
level 3/4 is the second, but with an uglier shade of pink
and here's a link to the optionals one: http://69.94.135.36/thumbnail.aspx?...m - 509/509_01_CarmoPhotography.jpg&width=500

Attachments

• leo.jpg
    leo.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 30
  • leolevel4.jpg
    leolevel4.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 26
our colours are also black and gold. the gym suit we have right now in my opinion are really ugly (haha). They look cute on the little kids but they are not so cute on the older girls (IMO). They are short sleeved (i dont like short sleeved gym suits), the body is black velvet and the top part is gold hologramyness with a hole at the top of the chest. hard to explain.

thank goodness next year we are getting new long sleeved ones.:D all the coaches even had a say in what ones they liked out of three (including me). All i can say is hopefully we don't get this breast cancer ribbony one (accept gold ribbon instead of pink) cause it was ugly :p. lol

We have three different competition leo's. 1 for the level 1, 2 and 3's, 1 for the level 4-6's and one for level 7 and above. Are your gyms allowed to just change the leo's and the colors whenever they like? In Australia there are strict rules you need to get your colors approved by Gymnastics Australia (so not all the gyms are the same) and if you get a new leo designed it needs to be approved aswell before your gymnasts can wear it.

In ontario (maybe all of canada) they are fairly strict. To get our new suits we had to contact either gymnastics ontario or canada (not sure which one??) to make sure we didn't get the same design as anyone else.

We're getting new leos this year.

And also, there is no monitoring. We had the same leos as another team for awhile, but in different colors. And a lot of teams have the same colors-black and red is very popular!

And also, there is no monitoring. We had the same leos as another team for awhile, but in different colors. And a lot of teams have the same colors-black and red is very popular!

aww, you're so lucky with the no monitoring thing! There was this one leo everyone wanted then we went to a competition and saw another club had it but in different colours (red and black. surprise, surprise) and we still couldn't get it :(

It's kinda nice having a small club when it comes to getting new leos cause even i can have a say as to what one i like best.

Haha were red and black!! I think I remember your leos!

Black and pink are our colors so our leos are a black velvet with hot pink and a lighter pink. They are GKs. The optionals have a different leo and the level 10s have their own. If you can see my avatar thats our leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back