WAG Ordering Awards for Meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sk8ermaiden

Proud Parent
Our gym owner asked me to get quotes for meet awards. We have never hosted a meet before, but we do have a professional meet director and experienced coaches - so they've given help on how many extra to order, etc.

Companies though. I did a search and saw recommendations for Crown Trophy. Any others? Any to stay away from? Any pitfalls/surprises in ordering it would be handy to know in advance?

Does anyone have experience with A-1 Awards? They were recommended to us and right off the bat, their prices look a lot lower than Crown.

We have used Crown, A-1, Trophy Depot and Hasty Awards. I have had good experiences with all of them. Most over great quantity discounts. The biggest surprise we had was that Trophy Depot individually wrapped EVERY SINGLE MEDAL. While that was nice, it took forever to unwrap over 2,000 medals - ha! I have found that prices are similar. Always check the shipping policies because medals are heavy. Honestly, we just pick out which awards we like best for any given meet . Picking out awards is my favorite part of the meet :)

Thanks for your response. I just found out the one the owner and I liked the best is out of stock! Now I have to bring a bunch of ideas back.

I also used Crown for a meet we used to host and we custom designed our medals by incorporating our gym logo , colors and name of the meet ... and they came out terrific! I didn't put a date on them so we could use them in subsequent years. I don't remember the custom design being all that expensive either.

I fear the task has been put off a bit too long for custom. The meet is in a month? She hopes to grow the invitational in future years and I will definitely draw up some designs and see what she thinks if she asks me to help with medals next year.

Yeah a month would probably not be enough time...I do remember sending my designs in during the summer for our meet that was in December...and we had delivery by October.

The biggest surprise we had was that Trophy Depot individually wrapped EVERY SINGLE MEDAL. While that was nice, it took forever to unwrap over 2,000 medals - ha!
I've been in that situation too- and the meet director didn't open the boxes before arriving at the meet so there was a mad dash to get them unwrapped and ready for the first session. The awards person had to get to their job early to make sure enough were unwrapped and set out. So definitely open the boxes before the start of the meet so you can bring in an unwrapping crew if needed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back