Parents Orlando Metro as a visitor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We are going to Orlando in 2 weeks and called to schedule workouts when on vacation. I told her my DD just finished level 4, scored out of 5 and is training 6/7. They said they would put her with 7/8 group. They are a well known high achieving gym and I am worried the girls will be more advanced. Does anyone have experience going there on vacation?

No experience, but high achieving gyms tend to be able to work with gymnasts of various skill levels at the same time. She will be fine working with a L7/8 group.

Have fun!

We are going to Orlando in 2 weeks and called to schedule workouts when on vacation. I told her my DD just finished level 4, scored out of 5 and is training 6/7. They said they would put her with 7/8 group. They are a well known high achieving gym and I am worried the girls will be more advanced. Does anyone have experience going there on vacation?
The girls will definitely be more advanced, there is nothing you can do about that. If you are worried, drop her down....it might even help...maybe they have some different ideas for that bwo on beam!

Orlando Metro doesn't look like they compete Level 6.

I'm sure your daughter will be fine and enjoy the experience.

The coach contacted me today and said they do not allow girls to work out with the team. Privates only. My dd will be disappointed as she was looking forward to seeing a the girls in action. Not sure why the office would have given me such info [emoji52]

your girls will be fine. :)

The coach contacted me today and said they do not allow girls to work out with the team. Privates only. My dd will be disappointed as she was looking forward to seeing a the girls in action. Not sure why the office would have given me such info [emoji52]
Does your coach know any gyms in the area? In our world, those contacts are done by the coaches, and it's better received coming from a coach they know than from a random parent that calls up.

I was surprised to read your original post because according to other recent posts around here, that is their policy, I think it is understandable because the burden of year round vacationers joining into team workouts would be difficult to accommodate. It sounds like it was a newer policy so maybe that's why someone in the office didn't know?

There are some smaller gyms in the area that do allow it.

IDK, I was initially surprised as well. My parents live in Orlando and I thought it would be good to show dd a large well trained team. It also would have been a good way to find out if team is a good fit if we choose to relocate. Their website speaks of training visiting teams so I thought they welcomed visitors and the office staff made it sound like its the norm. I don't think it's fair to pass 1000 calls off to coach....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back