Other people Respecting gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do people you know respect gymnastics and all the hard work we put into it? My family and other gym friends obviously get it, but most of my other friends seems to think its easy. "All you do is flip and stuff". They've never tried it they have no idea that its not that simple!! Even my karate friends think gym is lame. I wish there was an easy way to prove them all wrong!

i know, right?!? Every time i say i do gymnastics, almost always the second question is "Can you do flip?" It gets annoying after a while (actually, it gets annoying after the first time...). Tell your karate friends to watch some elite girls do their routines, and then ask them if they think they could do that. Also tell them that most of my friends think that karate is lame..... ;) You don't like what you don't/can't know/do.......

There will always be people like unfortunately. In my experience it always seems to be people who never done gymnastics or whatever the thing is that seem to be the most judgemental. How they figured out it's whether it's easy or not without doing it is always beyond me. I've actually done both Karate and Gymnastics and I found people thought Karate was the easier of the two. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back