Off Topic Other Sports

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymnastRaeRae87

What other sports do you guys like to participate in or watch?

I love soccer, baseball, football, running, and I'm terrible at tennis but I had a ton of fun playing with my BFF! ;)

We weren't good but it was a ton of fun and we laughed our butts off because there was a Dad and son team that was really good next to us and we were terrible but it was sssoo fun!

Haha, I do polevault and highjump with my school's track team.
I'm also thinking of joining the Pom Squad (which is like a crappy version of cheerleading) and tumbling for them, but I don't want to do any of the lame dances.

I think it is funny how you can tell a gymnast, a cheerleader, and a dancer from each other just by their tumbling!

My bff and I also love and stink at playing tennis(She's worse than me). I was a cheerleader for three years(1 in middle, two in HS). our team isn't very good, and I was sick of everyone's attitudes, but the straw that broke the camel's back was getting dropped. And not onto a mat or anything. I was tossed 10 feet into the air and not caught. I landed on my lower back/butt on our track( it was DURING a footbal game, about a year ago. The whole crowd gasped. I was fine at first, but spent the weekend in bed cuz I couldn't really get up.It took me out of tumbling/vault/dismounts/walkovers/jumps at gymnastics for two months and after that, I still had to take anti-inflammatory.Once I cam back, I only had two weeks until the first meet. I can't risk that happening again this year. I also did pole vault last spring and intend on doing it again, however my mom and my coach had to compromise. My coach thinks I oculd be a great vaulter. My mom thought I was too busy (track 3-5:30, even 6 sometimes, gymnastics 6-8:30). So in the end, they decided that I can be amember of the track team. if my track practices are only until about 4:30 on the days I have gym (Mon/Wed) so I can eat and let my body rest.

I remember Tennis! Wow I suck too! I LOVE Soccer a ton because I like the slide Tackling! Ha! I also love to go to the desert and ride quads with my friends and family! The best part would be going through the mud puddles though!

I also love to watch figure skating, pole vaulting/diving, sports acrobatics and tumbling.
I don`t mind handball or volleyball either.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back