Others moved up before my daughter and team mates

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't know as the three who went up are also competing in state..one didn't even compete I regionals and I thought you had to to compete in state.. Il wait and see what happens after state.. If there's no sign of movement or progression then I'll try another gym.

Unfortunately to hear maybe your gymnast is not as good as the younger gymnasts who have moved up. Your gymnast may be able to achieve a certain skill on all apparatus or on one or two apparatus. But their overall achievement of the skill may not be able to acomplish the connected skill needed for the next level. It is one thing to get a skill but is a whole other thing to connect that skill to the next thing needed to achieve the next level. Also you should know the different times each level competes throughout the year. Coaches have seasons for each level such as comp season training season skill season etc. and with the timing of competitions your gymnasts group may be training during comp season. I.e training routines and perfecting skills when your gymnast may need to learn the lead up skills to connect and create these routines. Which your gymnast may not be able to achieve to the best of their ability until the next season comes.

I don't know as the three who went up are also competing in state..one didn't even compete I regionals and I thought you had to to compete in state.. Il wait and see what happens after state.. If there's no sign of movement or progression then I'll try another gym.
With lower levels centres don’t have to compete at the assosiations regionals to be able to compete at state. Gyms can place gymnasts in “home competitions” as long as the assosiation accepts this as a qualifying competition then they only need to compete then and achieve a certain score to be eligible for state.

Hi, Deedee and welcome! It's great to have another Australian aboard. If I might make one gentle suggestion, please take a look at the date on prior posts before responding. This particular thread dates back to 2015, and the person to whom you're responding hasn't posted anything since. The norm in this community is to avoid responding to very old threads.

Hi, Deedee and welcome! It's great to have another Australian aboard. If I might make one gentle suggestion, please take a look at the date on prior posts before responding. This particular thread dates back to 2015, and the person to whom you're responding hasn't posted anything since. The norm in this community is to avoid responding to very old threads.
Why is it the norm. There may be someone new such as me looking at threads and having an input in regards to this. A lot of threads I have read there are replies from people who are uneducated about a lot of questions that being asked. I read this post and thought I would add an input and add an answer that no one else has stated.

Why is it the norm. There may be someone new such as me looking at threads and having an input in regards to this. A lot of threads I have read there are replies from people who are uneducated about a lot of questions that being asked. I read this post and thought I would add an input and add an answer that no one else has stated.
I understand, but at the same time, the mods of the forum request this, so it is being considerate. You can always start a new thread about this very topic. You will definitely get more people to read it that way, rather than commenting on a thread over 2 years old.

One possibility may be that there are certain strength and flexibility things that the gym has now decided is a prerequisite. Does your daughter have all her splits and shoulder flexibility and a press handstand? If not, I think she can still progress (although of course those things need to be worked on) but some gyms decide to get stricter in that and not let the kids move up without them, or let kids with them move up faster. Either way it sounds like maybe this program isn't a good fit for your daughter.

:rolleyes: If you are going to be rude, make sure you are perfect in the process.
Apologies I am not great with English spelling and making sentences I’m not saying I am. I’m saying a lot of parents are commenting on things they aren’t one hundred percent educated on with their association. Think it’s pretty petty to question spelling and grammar.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back