Parents Our first meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Brats

Proud Parent
Allison's first meet was on the 7th. The season started about a month ago but she didn't join team until the end of Oct so the coaches gave her a bit of extra time. It was nice, actually, since she only "just" got her fhc and mill circle about 2 weeks before.

Man, the parent adrenaline.... I've never been through anything like that before. I was biting my nails during the bar routine. But she did really well. She's always been scared to death to do anything in front of people and she was definitely shaking on the beam routine but she managed and now can't wait for the next one!
YouTube - Allison's first meet!

I also left a comment on You Tube, but she looked great for her first meet. Great scores. Are you currently in Minot? That is where one of my daughter's coaches is from.

Barb

Did she just start gym in October?

She actually took her first class in August. It was here on the base... and well, rather pathetic. The coach would sit the whole time. :rolleyes: But she was learning a lot even so and so I decided to sign her up for a class at the gym she's out now... she was in that class for about 3 weeks and got approached by the head coach at open gym about joining the team. I want to say that was around the end of October. She's made leaps and bounds since then!! It was such a good thing for her.

Thank you so much everyone! She was just on cloud 9 after that meet. (OK, I'll admit it, so was I)

Great first meet! And I know what you mean--it's hard watching them compete!

That is an AWESOME first meet. Older DD watched it and said "wow. that was REALLY good!". She has her first L4 meet this weekend, she started late this year too (December). I SO know what you mean about the parent adrenaline. I have it now and we are 2 days away yet!:eek:

Congratulations! Good for her. And YES I know what you mean about parents nerves. I think it is harder on us! Especially the beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back