Parents Our Season is over

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The 2 of them are going to get together this weekend to make a huge poster with all the girls names on it so they can take it with them to States next weekend. :D

AAh! That is the sweetest thing! So proud of her and her teammates attitude. You've raised her right.

I love that the coaches talked to the other girls who did make it to States. What a classy coach.

Sorry about her not making it to states,personal best on bars was awesome!It sounds like she is now handling it great (what a big Girl) Big hats off to her coaches on explaining to the team how the girls just had an off meet and letting the girls start working on there L6 skills.

So sorry to hear that. I think we have all been there at one time or another and it is so hard.

aww, so sorry to hear about states... but just want to add how incredibly sweet she is to be so supportive of the rest of her team! What a dolly.. In the meantime, how fun for her to be able to began her training for L6! fun, fun, fun... once states are over I am sure training will be in full force and all will be forgotten. Sending more hugs and high fives for her very "big girl" attitude :D

Thanks Sue! I'm glad Kayla was there to cheer her team on. I think it will help Olivia, too. She was so close. What can you do? She's just happy she's learning new skills which is always fun for them.

Good luck with your Level 5 season! I'm assuming they're all moving up. Are they?

I know Kayla is and I assume everyone else is too. She likes level 5 skills a LOT more than level 4. She's close to her kip when she doesn't throw her head back! LOL!

I'm sure I'll see you this summer since they'll be at the gym ALL THE TIME!

Netty, just wanted to post and say how sorry I am that Olivia didn't qualify for States. It sounds like she's okay with it now and is having fun training Level 6 beam skills.

I really dislike the sectional system. We have the same score here in Virginia - 33. It puts so much pressure on them to have to make the score on that particular day. We are through with it at Level 6 next year and I am thankful for that. Do you have L6 sectionals in PA? Here's hoping not!

Meg

So relating to you......From PA too... My 8yr lvl 5 DD had been consistantly scoring over 33.00 the previous three meets and actually improving at each one. At Sectionals, bars were just not her event giving her a low score. She had to get an 8.25 on beam to hit the qualifying score. This would have been no problem. I wasn't worried. Well, when the score flashed up...8.125..I felt my heart sink. I watched her and it didn't phase her. She was actually overly excited because the whole team stuck their beam routines with no falls and when that happens, the coach gets them popsicles. Later while awards where given out, they handed her her ribbons...she then saw her all around 32.875 and mouthed to me "I didn't make states" but then was right back with the girls dancing and waiting for awards.

On the ride home, she said "so will I be able to qualify again at another meet?" She just didn't understand the whole thing. I felt kinda sad explaining that basically she was done for the year.

I think I was more upset for her than she was. I guess this is her age. She does gymnastics for fun and her scores are not something she is focusing on. I guess that is all that matters right now....is she having fun at what she doing because really....she is only 8 and will have many other gymnastic accomplishments (and failures) in the future...

Netty, just wanted to post and say how sorry I am that Olivia didn't qualify for States. It sounds like she's okay with it now and is having fun training Level 6 beam skills.

I really dislike the sectional system. We have the same score here in Virginia - 33. It puts so much pressure on them to have to make the score on that particular day. We are through with it at Level 6 next year and I am thankful for that. Do you have L6 sectionals in PA? Here's hoping not!

Meg

Meg ~ Yes, they do have Sectionals at Level 6 as well. I think the AA score has to be a 32. I think our entire Level 6 team made it this year. I'm not going to worry about it yet! She's doing okay and is looking forward to going to states this weekend. They compete at 1:00 on Sunday.

Swiftli ~ Welcome to the CB. What gym are you with? What section meet were you at? Will you be going to states? Your dd had the right attitude! Good for her! Sounds like we both have awesome little gymmies! :D

Did your daughter cheer her teammates on at the state meet on Sunday. I think they might have been the same session as our gym. My daughter who is a repeater level 4 went with the other 4's to cheer their team on. They made posters and t-shirts. Their teammates did really well. I think it is great how supportive the girls are of each other.

Did your daughter cheer her teammates on at the state meet on Sunday. I think they might have been the same session as our gym. My daughter who is a repeater level 4 went with the other 4's to cheer their team on. They made posters and t-shirts. Their teammates did really well. I think it is great how supportive the girls are of each other.

Yes, she and her teammate were able to stay down on the floor with them the whole time. I don't know if that made it easier for her to be there or not but she said she was glad she went. They made a great poster and the team and the coaches loved it. We were in the 1:00 session on Sunday. I couldn't imagine going the entire season with these girls and not being there to cheer them on, even though dd wasn't competing. Did you notice they had 2 male judges? I've never seen that before. Interesting! :rolleyes:

My daughter's team was also there at that session. It must of been hard for your daughter to be there since she was not competing, my daughter went through this last year when she did not qualify but because our gym was the host of meet we had to be there. Cheers to your daughter for choosing to go cheer her team mates on. I was not there at the meet but my daughter said she thinks one of the judges maybe "the guy who owns one of the gyms we compete againest" I have never seen a male judge before at a meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back