Pac Rims -- womens

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Rockygym

Proud Parent
Ok here are my fairly uneducated observations. Simone well she is Simone. We were right in front of the vault and it was amazing to see up close. Aly was solid. Laurie was fun to watch on floor. I think my favorite of the night was Ragan Smith. Her bars and especially her beam were amazing. I think Rio team is going to be a tough choice.

Did anyone else notice the Hershey sticker on the beam? Isn't that kind of contradictory to what they preach? Ok, maybe it is a brand of beam, idk...but if not I found it hilarious.

It is not enough to say Simone was Simone. Wow, amazing or unreal has to also be in the sentence. I was glad to see that Aly had her consistency back. I don't think Brenna or Ragan have done enough yet to warrant making the team over some other girls. Ragan is very talented, but I think she needs another year to really reach her full potential. Maybe a crash course over the next couple months will get her there (I am not counting her out yet). I wish someone could fix Ashton's beam series. Except for her BLO, she has a lovely routine (her toe point is killer).

Simone's beam- wowza. That girl is beyond solid.

I just adore Regan. I'm afraid that she's going to be on the bubble for the Olympics, but truly she's a joy to watch.

Aly's tumbling gets me every time. That opening pass on floor is jaw dropping.

I can't wait to see Maggie back in the mix.

PS- did anyone else see the 3 year old gymnast get more spotlight time? It seems that this forum may the only place people are concerned about her trajectory.... USA Gymnastics seem to love her.

PS- did anyone else see the 3 year old gymnast get more spotlight time? It seems that this forum may the only place people are concerned about her trajectory.... USA Gymnastics seem to love her.

Yeah,. Let's thank Hershey for extending her fame. Can she jeopardize future college scholarships with things like the trip to Pac Rim (obviously college is far off and many skills away)?

I did see a lot of comments that were not positive about how they are "extending her fame". She could be a talented gymnast, and I hope all of this doesn't mess up her opportunities.

And don't get me wrong...it is nice of them...but why advertise it. Ick.
Because they can't help themselves. And they apparently don't see anything wrong with what she is doing. Not the first time Corporate America gets it wrong and not the last either.

So is Simone sitting out today?

She isn't on the start list for tonight, not even for vault.

I am still learning how all of this works.

My understanding is that both Laurie and Simone are sitting out to give their bodies a rest and to allow their other teammates a change at medals. I read that somewhere, but can't remember where. lol!

Did anyone see final AA scores for last night? I was surprised to see the Japanese gymnast beat Laurie for 3rd and was curious by how much?

Did anyone see final AA scores for last night? I was surprised to see the Japanese gymnast beat Laurie for 3rd and was curious by how much?
She didn't beat Laurie but I guess that there is a two per country limit so Laurie didn't win her rightful spot on the podium.

Interesting...

Apparently the order was
Simone, Aly, Laurie, Brenna, Regan, the the Japanese gymnast. I am assuming that they only allow 2 per country in the top 3 all around. USA took the top 5...
https://usagym.org/PDFs/Results/w_16pacrim_wsraa.pdf

Ah! That makes sense!! I was flabbergasted when they did the awards. I couldn't fathom how she had pulled ahead of all the US girls after seeing her beam. So she actually placed 6th? What's the point of awarding her the bronze? She knows she didn't earn it.

Ah! That makes sense!! I was flabbergasted when they did the awards. I couldn't fathom how she had pulled ahead of all the US girls after seeing her beam. So she actually placed 6th? What's the point of awarding her the bronze? She knows she didn't earn it.

Because those are the rules of the competition and every gymnast knows them. Just like the 2 per country rule for EF's. The rules are the rules and I doubt the girl felt bad taking her medal, nor should she.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back