Packed and headed to Lake Owen!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm packed and ready to go, although my laptop is not. I'm hoping to be way too busy and way too tired at Lake Owen to care or notice. I get to be there all summer long and I'm very excited to learn all kinds of cool fancy coachin' stuff! À bientôt, CB!

Oooh fun!
I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time!!
Let us know all about it when you get back!

I'm headed to Woodward East at the beginning of July but I'm only staying for a week :D

sounds like fun. i hope you are busy enough learning new things that you wont have time for the CB. we will miss you i hope you have a blast!

See you there...I'll be a Session #6 coach.

So I lasted 3 weeks without a laptop before I started going through withdrawals. I'm part of the wireless generation and I have come to accept that.

The first week was overwhelming. There was so much to remember and so much coaching and I was still my lovely night owl sleep schedule that I fall into so easily. Week 2 I had a cold, and spent all my free time passed out in my bed trying to get better quick. Week 3 there were SO many gymnasts that it was just ridiculous. Week 4, this week, I'm coaching the highest level I have coached thus far, so it's nice not to be spending all day spotting kips over and over and over. So far I have coached 163 gymnasts in the 4 groups of kids that I have officially been assigned to, not even counting open gyms and such! I'm learning so much, I wish I had a group of team level kids that I actually worked with on a more consistent basis. If only I could pack them up with my and take them to college with me and then back home with me and they could just live in my closet!

So far I have met Svetlana Boginskaya, Mohini Bhardwaj, Chellsie Memmel, and Morgan White. They are all way awesome people. I've learned lots of new tricks and drills at the clinics too. I've been filling about 1-2 pages in my notebook everyday of new stuff I've learned. I can't wait to get home and try them out on some of my girls!

JBS: I've never met anyone from CB before! Don't forget to pack the bug spray!

hahah sounds like it is tough work but you are having a blast. have fun the rest of the summer!!!! Cant wait to hear more about your camp experiences

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back