WAG Pain Management?/Everything hurts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

essy-10

Gymnast
I'm a 17 year old level 10. I've dealt with many major injuries, but I currently feel like something new is hurting every week or even more often. Obviously being injured goes with this sport but I was wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas to reduce pain. I'm open to any ideas because at this point the amount of pain I am in is getting in the way of me being able to train as hard as I want as make as much progress as I want to be making.

See a doctor and make sure nothing serious is going on. Modify training, go to tumbl trak and pit. We cannot give medical advice on here

I'm sorry if this was confusing, but to clarify I'm not looking for medical advice. Just if anyone has any tips that might work for managing aches and pain. Things such as ice, or massage, or stretching, or anything of that sort.

My daughter pretty much soaks in Epsom baths every night. Also, using things such as icy hot or tiger balm works great when there are super sore muscles. Also, try ice bucket if its the feet.. seems to work.

My daughter does: hot Epsom salts baths, once baths, icy hot, foam roller, ice ball roller.
That’s supposed to say “ice baths”. My daughter also goes to the chiropractor when able, and recently she tried cryotherapy and said it helped more than anything else- it is expensive though.

I second massage (assuming ther is nothing serious going on). So many of my daughter's aches and pains are related to muscle tightness (15-year-old L10). Once she began weekly massage, she was able to keep much of this under control.

I second massage (assuming ther is nothing serious going on). So many of my daughter's aches and pains are related to muscle tightness (15-year-old L10). Once she began weekly massage, she was able to keep much of this under control.
I "third" massage. Both OG and YG used to get regular massages and they helped with aches and pains.

Check your nutrition - as the food you ingest plays a very major roll in how your body feels, and recovers from stresses (for example: workouts).

Macro nutrients (Carbs, proteins & fats) are important, but also make sure you're consuming enough MICRO nutrients (vitamins & minerals). A lot of fad diets are in the market (Keto, Paleo) that focus on macro nutrients & neglect micros all together.

If you can afford it, I would recommend a nutritionist/homeopathic doctor who can look at the cellular level of your body, and see how your cells are metabolizing. They will be able to tell you where your deficiencies are and you would be AH-MAZED at how much better you feel with a good nutrition plan.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back