Parkour

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Along4theRide

Proud Parent
I have two active and energetic children with vastly different personalities. :) My 10 yo DD loves the structure and precise forms of gymnastics, while my 8 yo DS prefers the creativity of parkour.

Anyone else on CB have a child interested in parkour or free running?

My 8 year old DS will be taking a try out lesson free running/ parkour next thursday. He does trampoline 3 times/ 6 hours a week. Trampoline is his competition sport but he wants to do something recreational on de side so I hope this might suit him.

My 12 yo has been taking a Parkour class at DD's gym for the past two years. He loves it! He wants to do a Parkour camp this summer. It looks so fun in the gym, but he about gives me a heart attack when he decides to randomly do front flips off of rocks, walls and bleachers at the park!

I completely understand!! My son doesn't see the world of sidewalks and railings... He sees vaults, and precision jumps, and obstacles that need to be tackled! There are moments that my mommy nerves go haywire...but truthfully, his ability to know his limits is amazing. I generally try to sit back and trust his judgement...but I will certainly step in if he's being too dangerous. He does most of his parkour in parks, on city sidewalks, on the local college campus, or in our backyard. Not on the tops of buildings like you might see in videos!!

Check out "Parkour Documentary: People in Motion".

Parkour Documentary: People in Motion:

11 years of gymnastics training out the window after the first month of parkour. Straight lines and vertical twisting are taboo it seems. Everything is off axis and angular. But...he loves it.

Reactions: sce
I took parkour for about 4 years before I quit to do gymnastics, from 9 years old to 13 years old I was really into it. then I saw gymnastics and im like yeah thats what I want to do.
parkour is fun but if you really care about form...............its not for you

DS (age 8, level 4 gymnast) desperately wants to do parkour. So far, I've held firm on "no". He has very little fear combined with a need to show off, so I worry about him doing stupid things unsupervised outside of a parkour class.

Now, I am allowing snowboarding and skiing lessons this winter, so maybe I'll allow parkour someday?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back