Parents Party at our house tonight...brag alert

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymjourneymom

Proud Parent
Well, it's been a long time in the making...but DD finally got her giant!!! She was so happy & said " they are really fun!". Just for some history my DD(13yrs old, level 7) has had many fear issues (on all the events). Many times we thought these fear issues would bring an end to her gymnastics career. But just when you least expect it...she pulls a rabbit out of the hat!!! I'm in awe of her determination & committment to the sport she loves...even in the face of very strong fear issues. Thanks to everyone who has replied to my many "trouble with giants" threads over the past year:D.

Yaaaaay! Congrats to your dd! I don't blame her for having a fear of giants in the past. They look pretty dang scary to me!!! Good for her! She overcame her fears in her own time, and good for you for supporting her! :D

Have a fun partaaayyy tonight! I think it's a GREAT idea to celebrate our gymnast's successes, not just w/ meets, but w/ SKILLS! :)

Tell her congrats, & post a vid for us if you can! :cool:

Fabulous news, I'm having a glass of wine to celebrate with you. Lovely that she now is enjoying the thrill of the giant. Amazing how they can move from one hadspace to another.

Woo Hoo to the giants queen :D:D

WooooHoooo I think I will help you celebrate from good ole' NC. That is fantastic news !!

Tell her that her friends from CB say "you go girl !!"
:bars:

That's fantastic! I think overcoming a fear to gain a new skill is an amazing accomplishment, and one she should be very proud of! :)

I think that getting past the fear issues is a huge accomplishment as well as finally get her giants. They look scary to me! Tell her congrats and to keep working hard!

Congrats on your DD overcoming her fears and finding giants "fun"!! We have many bar-fear issues too, but this was also a good wk for my DD.

Hey bars fairy, keep up the good work and keep sprinkling that dust!!!

Phew! Glad its over right? When DD1 got her giants it was like a dance party:p Big Big congrats to your DD. She probably is off the walls happy:D

WTG!

Fabulous news, I'm having a glass of wine to celebrate with you.

I'll join in on that!

Fee Fi Fo Fumm - Big ol Giants here we come! (Ok, maybe I should stick with water. )

I don't know about y'all, but just watching a giant being newly attempted has quite the 'pucker' factor.

Great news though! Congrats to DD1!

Congrats your DD getting her giant. :DMy DD also a Level 7 turning 13yrs in 2 weeks struggles with giants since May of 07. It however looks like she may compete them this year. Woo Hoo! I am so very glad for your DD. Way to go!!! I understand and symapthize the journey on bars we have had a long road. I am sure the next struggle will be a release move or pirouette but, I will worry that skill later. Hope they start working that skill soonn lol.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
As many of you know my dd is also a 13yr old level7, but the bar fairy hasn't visited us let. She will begin by competing freehips.

So if you guys are done with the "Bar Fairy" could you please send her our way????

Our season starts the second weekend in December, so we will see what happens.

Congrats again, I am so happy for her.

Catesmom, I sent the bar fairy your way tonight, we were hoping that she would leave that kip with us, but I figure she needs a change of scene, it's snowing here again. Good luck Cate.

Congratulations on your dd's giants, thats really something to get. We are still waiting the straddle cast to h/stand and so the giants, prac meet in three weeks so please send the bar fairy this way when you see her.

We extended the party & went out to dinner tonight too:D!(have to keep up the momentum until she gets to practice tomorrow night,LOL!). When we got home from dinner, DD sat with me & read thru all of your well wishes. She was very touched! Thank you all so much for sharing in our joy! You really helped make this an extra special memory for her! She was very impressed that people "from so far away" took the time to congratulate her. The giant was a BIG hurdle for her. She knows that there is always "that next big skill" looming not so far away. But for now she is basking in this major accomplishment. She can't wait for practice tomorrow! Catesmom the bar fairy is on the way. Best wishes to your DD...tell her not to stop trying...you never know when it all might just "click" & like magic....there you have a giant! You gotta share the bar fairy with arcade & gym monkeys mom too, okay? Thanks again to our friends at CB! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back