MAG Paul Hamm Arrested

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Does noone want to talk about the Paul Hamm arrest? I saw the video and it is even more disturbing. I thought it might have been blown out of porportion but it was not. He is lucky if he just gets probabtion. Is he trying out for celebrity rehab?? Mark it on your calendar he will be on that show. Seriously, he needs help. I thought he acted all strange and self absorbed at the VISA Championships but he definately has other issues. I hope he ends his comeback to a comeback as I do not want to go through all this at the Olympic Trials - please, someone advise him to move on and USAG stay away - support him - but from a distance.

Didn't even hear about it until your post. so what happened?

i was kinda hoping it wouldn't get posted here at this kids site...it's a great example and message for kids on what NOT to do...but still...

It's too bad...but everyone makes mistakes. I don't have any history on this or care to hear about it...just a guy that drank a bit too much one night. I wish him the best. I'd love to see him back in competition shape again...we could really use his pommels.

I totally agree everyone makes mistakes. What hurts me the most is his tone and behavior during the arrest. Of course he was drunk but why was he in such a shape. He represents Ohio State University, The Sport of USA Men's Gymnastics and himself. I do wish him well, he needs counseling. He does NOT need to stage his comeback at this point. If he was looking for a sign as to go through with it or not, he definately got the answer that he has more important things to worry about. I reserve my final views until AFTER I see the press conference that will most likely occur. I think too many people have made him feel like he was too special for too many years. In the end this will hopefully be a good wake up call.

ideas to live by

1. Nothing good happens after more than two drinks

2. Nothing good happens after midnight

you know, i thought all day about this. whether to post again or not. i thought i might unless creepers come along here and post stuff that is either not true or is true and shouldn't be talked about on this site. so...here goes...and then maybe someone will close this thread.

briefly, paul has some troubles/struggles that he needs to get a handle on. some of these are personal in nature. some of these are being spoken of elsewhere on other sites for adults. i don't think they should be discussed here or leaked by a lurker here that just might pass by for the amusement.

so with that said, can we agree to say good night to this thread.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News